iPhone 6 and 6 Plus reviews?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robinp, Sep 11, 2014.

1. robinp macrumors 6502

Anyone know when reviews will go live? I'm slightly concerned about preordering without at least having had the chance to read a few reviews, especially as there are two different sizes this year!

I really want to know about how practical the size is of the 6 Plus and how much longer the battery really lasts.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I think the embargo is lifted next Wednesday, the 17th. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

4. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Yep, Wednesday is the day:)

5. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Can anybody tell me what exactly is the embargo? And which reviews are we talking about as people won't have their phones on wednesday yet and the hands-ons from the keynote are already online?

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Media embargo. Apple does not allow the media to post reviews of new products until a certain day (such as the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, etc.). No media source can post their reviews online until that day.

7. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Correct. The "punishment" for doing so would likely be that Apple would stop sending that site/publication free, early products for review.

8. aristobrat macrumors G5

Some tech sites/media always get the phone in advance, to do the reviews.

Last year the iPhone 5s also launched on a Friday, and the tech reviews started coming out Tuesday night.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/17...vance-two-tone-flash-produces-lovely-results/

9. shfawaz macrumors newbie

shfawaz

Tech reviews for the iPhone 6 should start rolling out between 4:30 and 6:30pm today. (Tuesday).