iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Speck Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AaronRuggiere, Oct 2, 2014.

1. AaronRuggiere macrumors member

Anyone have there new iPhones in a Speck Case.
    And where did you get one.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My advice is to wait. The ones currently being sold are the pre-release ones they designed based on rumored specs, so they're not a good fit. Evidence is they print "2014 iPhone 4.7 Inch" on the package since they didn't know it'd be called iPhone 6 when they produced the case.

I got 3 just to make sure (1 from Amazon, 1 from Speck.com, 1 from Best Buy) and none of them fit right because of the back bowing out.

If iPhone 5 is any guide, it should be 2-3 weeks longer and we'll start seeing the cases made post-launch, so they'll actually fit based on the actual product, not rumored specs.

3. cypressc macrumors member

cypressc

If they were built on rumored specs, how did they know the power button was moving to the side? Just a guess?

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Because EVERY rumor\leak showed it moving to the right side.... Same reason they knew how thick it was going to be, and how to make the case the right size (roughly).

Weird question.

Many manufacturers refuse to make a half-baked case, so they publish the facts on their websites. They don't design and produce a case until they have a phone in their hand, which is release day for Apple phones. Decent manufacturers don't want their name on a guestimated product.

5. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I have a Speck Candyshell Grip on my iPhone 6 and it fits perfectly. Purchased a week ago at a corp VZW store. It's a great case and I'm thinking of getting one for the 6 Plus I have on order.