iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 personal hotspot miserable

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stickharuhi, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Stickharuhi macrumors regular

I have iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. And my friend iPad Mini 2 and android devices Samsung Galaxy S5,Huawei Ascend Mate 7.

But all idevice have bad personal hotspot functions and receiving than the from my friend Android device.

2. Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

And by Android is the hotspot functions many stable.

I test with my iMac,Windows PC, Notebook. I and my friend have current iOS version (8.3). And the idevice have not defective. I think the chip and software are miserable. I do not lie. My friend with Android device better than his iPad and my idevice.

3. Stickharuhi, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015

Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

The software from iOS is very bad, for Availability.

I have here:
    iPad Air iOS 8.1.2 with jailbreak + MyWi 7.0
    vs
    iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 iOS 8.3
    vs
    Samsung Galaxy S5

By iPad Air is immediately personal hotspot avaible. I can see on my iMac.
    By iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 mostly several attempts.
    By Samsung Galaxy S5 is immediately personal hotspot avaible. I can see on my iMac.

Hereby it is confirmed, that normal iOS software very bad.

With Jailbreak + MyWi 7.0 really good as by Android.

4. Stickharuhi, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

Why is iOS software so crazy and fack?? I have here 2 hotspot on, 1 from router other from iPad Air 2.

I activate iPad Air 2 personal hotspot, now is WLAN and Bluetooth on,why Bluetooth on?? By Android is it better 2 menu WiFi hotspot and Bluetooth tethering.

But now come that problem. iPad Air 2 connect with my router via WiFi. This is bug!! By Android is others. By activate hotspot is WLAN off, and it can not connect with my router.

Apple iOS software is so bad. Open Source system is many better. Or you Jailbreak your device and use Cydia apps.

Apple please read this text and fixes, OMG.

Summary:
    Apple iOS software personal hotspot
    - Bad performing
    - Not stable
    - No extra menu (WiFi Hotspot,Bluetooth Tethering)
    - Extrem little functions
    - Almost always several attempts (In the extreme case, you need to restart your device), up to availability personal hotspot
    - Connect with my router via WLAN, by personal hotspot on
    - Poor reception personal hotspot (I think iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 have bad chip), the hardware is bad

iOS + Jailbreak + Cydia App (MyWi 7.0)
    + Stable as by Android
    + Extra menu
    + Many functions
    + Immediately personal hotspot available
    - Connect with my router via WiFi, by personal hotspot on
    - Poor reception personal hotspot (I think iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 have bad chip), the hardware is bad

Android (I test with Samsung Galaxy S5)
    + Stable
    + Extra menu
    + Many functions
    + Immediately personal hotspot available
    + Connect not with my router via WiFi, by personal hotspot on
    + Good reception personal hotspot (I think the chip from Samsung Galaxy S5 is better), the hardware is better

I do not lie.
    Test it yourself!!

5. Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

I test again with iOS 9.1 iPad Air 2 hotspot. Then start on samsung galaxy s6 wifi search.
    Now s6 find hotspot network but very bad receipt. ios device and android device is 1m away.
    When I create from s6 hotspot and ipad find very fast hotspot network from samsung. And the receipt is good in iOS wifi menu. And the connection,internet is very stable.

What is the reason, why ipad hotspot network very unstable,bad receipt? Is this software or hardware issue? Generally is iOS personal hotspot bad.

I test again but ipad and samsung are 15m away. ipad find samsung hotspot network very fast,good receipts,internet stable,ping good.

Samsung or other device find ipad network. Very bad receipts,internet unstable,ping no good

I think this is compatible issue. The wifi modul chip in ipad air 2,iphone 6 are very bad for create hotspot

6. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

My iPhone 6 Plus and 6s Plus work fine, sounds like you just don't like iOS.

7. Skika macrumors 68030

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Never had problems myself. How are you determining "good" and "bad"? What specific tests are you running to reach these conclusions? Are all devices on the same carrier?

9. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I regularly use the hotspot feature. Normally for my wifi Air 2, sometimes for my Asus laptop. I found my iPhone 6 and now my 6s to be more reliable than my Galaxy S5 so my experience is the opposite of the OP.

Often the laptop flat out refuses to connect to the S5 but has no problem connecting to the 6s.

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yeah, I'm not sure what the issue is here either. My iPhone 6 Plus (and alter, my 6S plus) along with my iPad Air 2 have saved my butt a numerous times when my home/work internet connection went offline. I've consistently gotten table connections and have been able to use the full speed of my cellular data connection.

Are you sure it's not your cellular network connection? Have you tried tethering via USB to to the iMac and laptop to see if there's an improvement?

Have you tried using something like WiFi explorer to see whether or not you're getting WiFi network collisions?

11. Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

No that ipad air 2 and iPhone 6 hotspot is bad for my samsung galaxy s5,6 huawei mate 7. and from friend lg g2. Very unstable,internet bad,ping high,receipt. The device are only 1-5m away.

The Android hotspot very good. I have not blocker etc...
    All here correct tested.

12. Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

Apple remove iOS personal hotspot. And add ad-hoc code from OSX. This ad-hoc is so stable,no broken, support all APN and more. This ad-hoc is so good as Android Hotspot and the jailbreak tweaks mywi

13. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

14. Stickharuhi thread starter macrumors regular

In iOS 9.2 little better.
    really I test with iPad Air 2 and Samsung galaxy S6. full bars not possible. distance (1m).
    On Samsung Galaxy S6 the connection sometimes broken. Sometimes in 30min or 5 hours.

When create from Samsung Galaxy S6 wifi hotspots no issue. More than 10 hours is on. No issue.

iOS wifi personal hotspot is bad. I hate iOS wifi personal hotspot.

Android hotspot open source code, OSX ad-hoc or jailbreak tweaks MyWi no issue, since more than 2 years.
    Reset the iOS device? Yes!no improvement. This is iOS issue. See with jailbreak tweaks MyWi no issue.