iPhone 6 and iWatch - what happened?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newtonapp, Jun 3, 2014.

1. newtonapp, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

newtonapp macrumors member

I am surprised to see few, if any at all, posts about the missing iPhone release (or even a mention of notable updates) from Apple. I'll give the iWatch a pass, but even that was all over the rumor sites for months.

Prior to the event it was iPhone will have this feature and that, previous iPhones were released at this time, here is what it will look like, etc. I've been reading about Chinese case manufacturers for days!

Now anytime sometime mentions the lack of iPhone 6, the replies are "dude, this was a software event, don't you know anything?!" Lol! Seriously?

I realize it is all just rumors so lets just say that we were wrong and not go the "I knew it!" wise ass route.

Just sayin'.

2. PN4 macrumors member

I don't think anyone was expecting the iPhone 6 to come out of this event

3. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

So yes we were wrong then, if you thought the iPhone 6 would be released at WWDC. But we weren't wrong about those leaks, it's just not the right time yet.
    But at least we are a rumors site, and that's how we roll. :cool:

4. newtonapp thread starter macrumors member

Didn't feel that way at all.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Well, apparently the OP was :D

Nope, this wasn't the event/venue for the iPhone 6 announcement
    Most (can't say all apparently) knew this going in

6. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

I think there was more of an expectation for the watch than a new iPhone. That would have given Devs time to work on Apps and see the UI until a fall release with the new iPhone.

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

They really aught to rename the WWDC to World Wide Dunces Conference, because the dunces are coming out in droves.

No new iPhone without a new os and the new os is just now been released to beta, not hard to understand.

8. Chatter macrumors 6502a

You had the minority expectation then.

Not being snarky (seriously, am not) but just because a couple Chinese sites hinted at a possible iPhone announcement does not mean it would happen. Just like no one knew about many of the software features announced - continuity, wifi calling, dev center ...etc.

Rumors are just that, rumors. Dont get expectations up for a hardware announcement at a software event.

9. stuffradio macrumors 65816

It did feel that way. It was not realistic to expect a new phone. The only times the iPhone was released at WWDC was when developers had the beta software a few months before it was released so Apps could be developed for the new OS. Developers have the new OS now, so the new phone comes out in a few months.

10. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

No one expected a new iPhone at this event. Well nobody that has followed Apple news for more than a year or two. iPhone announcements are clockwork man.

It was many years ago when mass hardware changed were announced at WWDC if I remember correctly as well. They have solidified that this is a Dev event, not look at the new shineys. They'll hold other press events for that if it's necessary.

11. 0928001 Suspended

This is a pointless post. (Much like this reply).

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I know! It's like the whole event was just about software developers!

13. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Bummed to not see the apple tv refresh oh well

14. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Nothing happened. That was WWDC. Apple rarely announce the new hardware then. Wait till September for their official announcements :) (hardware)

15. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Only a few who have not been around very long expected anything from yesterday's meeting. The conference had nothing to do with hardware and never does so why expect hardware news.

16. N e e k macrumors 6502

You must be trolling.

WWDC = World Wide DEVELOPERS Conference

17. DcGamer05, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

DcGamer05 macrumors regular

DcGamer05

OMG give the guy a break he's just trying to speculate. Yes iPhones have been announced at WWDC before no they haven't recently but that doesn't mean he can't ponder why there was no announcement.

If you don't like the thread don't participate. It's like some of you wait to evicerate any topic you may see as dumb. Instead of being nasty just don't post in the thread.

After all the site is called macrumors and it was a rumor that the iphone 6 would be announced. Maybe it was a dumb rumor but nonetheless it was a rumor. You act like someone made you click on this thread.

Usually when people see something they don't like they walk away they don't engage

18. Merkie macrumors 68020

Then that's your mistake. It was (and is) widely
    expected that Apple won't announce the new iPhone before September.

19. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Because the folks who follow these things knew that the new iphone wasn't going to be revealed. So not disappointed