iPhone 6 antenna band discolouration?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XboxMySocks, Sep 23, 2014.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I woke up this morning and my antenna bands had a weird red tinge to them (a strong one)... I've been slowly rubbing it off throughout the day but what the f? Anyone with this experience?

2. bsmith4832 macrumors regular

Had this issue with the white antenna bands on the HTC One M7. Could have been from a pocket or a towel or anything.

I used a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and (lightly) wiped them clean every month or two. However, I'd be very careful the first time you do it. Don't want to scratch it or leave any markings on it. I also know some guys used a Magic Eraser on their M7's as well. Though, they do have a light abrasive in them that you should be careful about.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

4. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

That's what I was going to do when I got home! Cheers :)

Gold/White. I will take pictures when I get home but I think I will have it mostly come off by then (its bugging me & I don't want it to stain :mad:)

5. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Here is a picture - some minor discolouration on the corner :) (That's not lighting, it actually has that red tinge)

[​IMG]

6. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

Weird! No red clothes/bag, etc?

7. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Same for me. My gold 6 was in my pocket for an hour and the white bands tinted blue from the denim. It wiped off no problem but I will avoid pockets from now on so it doesn't become permanent.

8. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

The inside of my pockets today were red, but I'd worn them with the phone before and no discolouration. Really weird.

9. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

Maybe it was a little moist in there this time. (didn't mean that to sound weird) That's got to be the culprit. Going to have to watch out for my purses.

10. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Hrm, window was open last night. Humidity coulda done it... will have to be more careful