Iphone 6- App store showing updates but none there

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drw, Sep 27, 2014.

1. drw macrumors member

Have run into an issue that has happened a time or two before- on wife's iphone 6, the app store shows 7 updates available (red badge on home screen)- but there are actually no updates available when you go into the app store/updates- shows "all apps are up to date".

Can't remember what I did (if anything) to fix this in the past- but so far I have been unable to get this to clear.

Any ideas??

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Could be the auto update. Check today's updated apps against the number you see. Also, to make sure I'm on the same page, does the number clear once you exit the App Store?

3. drw thread starter macrumors member

Number does not clear from the home screen- shows 7 updates available- when I go into the App store on the phone, it shows 7 at the bottom- but when you click on it to see the updates, it says "ALL APPS ARE UP TO DATE"- while in the APP store, the 7 does disappear- but it is on the home screen all the time.

I have chatted with Apple and tried just about everything I can think of- including restore- still nothing

Anyone have any ideas? Driving me crazy.

4. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Diable the badge option in notifications to get it to clear, the. Re-add it. See if that fixes it.

5. drw thread starter macrumors member

Already tried that- it comes right back....

Guess I will just leave the badge disabled for now, but this is driving me insane- apple support can't even figure it out

6. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

last three options I can think is:

1) backup and restore
    2) wait for the next update
    3) set up phone as new phone, then restore backup
    4) set up phone as new phone, then don't use that backup