iPhone 6 Apple Leather case lip

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajo, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

This might be the first phone that I use a case for.

Looking at the Apple Leather case, does the lip effect the curved glass feel. The idea coming from Apple was that the curved glass made it easier to use using slide in controls etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Yes it does effect the sliding function on the screen but nothing too bad, I'm still trying to adjust to it at the moment, really liked using my 6 naked but it badly needed a little grip to it.

3. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

I didn't really use the phone naked. I took it out of the box and immediately snapped it into a cheap Spigen case, which I replaced with an Apple leather case later on that day.

But in the absolute, I can say that my experience with edge swipes is fine, and the phone still feels thinner than a 5 in a similar case. The curve of the lip also disappears comfortably into my hand in the same way I expect the stock enclosure was supposed to do.

Fwiw, the lip on the case is not significantly more prominent than the one on the thin polycarbonate case I started with. Plus, in this instance, *any* lip would disrupt the experience. So, if you want a case at all, and discounting price/performance, I don't think you'll do much better.