iPhone 6: Apple Store in Mall vs. Seperate Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodlover77, Sep 26, 2014.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

I know I might be over analyzing this but which type of store would likely have shorter lines.

I am contemplating on going to Columbia Malls Apple Store or Bethesda Row's Apple Store. The one in Columbia, as you can guess, is located inside the mall while Bethesda Row's is located on a strip with other stores and is located outside.

I plan on getting there at like 930 and waiting about 30 minutes. Im looking for a regular s6 64gb space gray so im hoping the lines won't be too long.

My reasoning is, the mall would have a longer line because people would rather wait inside but after seeing New York lines and how it was a couple blocks long, I just dont know.

2. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

It really depends on the population. The mall will certainly have more people who are there for ''other things'' and if it's cold in your area right now then they might just prefer the inside. But an outside Apple Store has higher visibility.

3. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Yeah. I guess I'm just trying to make up a reason and believe that one is better than the other.

I did stop by columbia's at lunch time a few days ago and there was quite a line. I haven't been to Bethesda's on a launch day so I can't say for sure how it is. As far as I know, it could even be worse. I guess i'll be forced to decide if I'm unable to find a 6 for personal pick up by tonight :(

4. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

I'd pick whatever you're most comfortable with. Either way, with a hot product you're screwed. You're going to make a choice for one store and then immediately regret it when you arrive. Happens with the Apple Stores in my area. You at least know Columbia has a long line. You're taking a gamble with Bethesda Row's.