iPhone 6 Apple Store Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rumorman69, Sep 17, 2014.

1. rumorman69 macrumors regular

I was just wondering, if I buy an unlocked, contract-free (T-Mobile) iPhone 6 from apple.com and then break it due to a)Water damage or b)Shattered screen, c)Shattered screen / bent body:

1.Can I get it replaced at an Apple Store without having to pay the full retail price to buy a new one?
    2.What will the price be for the 64GB version / what was the price for say a 16GB or 32GB iPhone 5S?
    3.Will the replacement phone be brand new or refurbished?
    4.Do they actually replace it if it's completely destroyed or is there a case where they will let you keep the broken phone, but essentially sell you a "replacement" phone for under retail price?

Thanks!

2. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Pretty sure you get a refurb and it would be a out of warranty replacement if user damaged unless you get a kind genius. Not sure on costs but it's far less than retail

3. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. Are you saying that Apple sometimes is super nice and replaces (actually takes back the broken phone) for free?! That sounds pretty cool.

4. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

I shattered the glass on my 5s and went to the apple store and got a refurbished replacement for $269.

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Why didn't they just replace your screen? I had a burn-in issue on mine and they simply replaced my display. It was covered under warranty, but had it not been, it would've been $149. That sounds more fair than making you replace your whole device for almost double the cost. D:

6. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It depends on the store.

7. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

At that time, they were not set up to just replace the glass. My only option in store was to get a refurbished unit.

8. nox5 macrumors 6502

in UK you get refurb and i don't know the cost, in USA you get factory brand new for $269 +tax, if it is glass replacement it is $149 and 30 min wait.

if it is completely destroyed they may refuse replacement.

9. rumorman69 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? So if it's *too* damaged they don't replace it? How come? What if it's water damaged?