iPhone 6 at WWDC 2014?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodmac, Apr 19, 2014.

1. ipodmac macrumors regular

What do you guys think of a WWDC release of the iPhone 6?
    With all the leaks we have had already this month it looks as if Apple is already mass producing the iPhone so is a WWDC release possible?

It would have to ship with iOS 7 at first with iOS 8 coming out in the fall. I feel that apple needs a phone with a bigger screen with all these huge android phones around.

2. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

5S parts leaked really early too, and so did 5 and 4S parts. Did not change their schedule.

3. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

If it would be released at WWDC (keynote is in almost 6 weeks) we would have seen the rear shell already. Since we haven't the iPhone 6 release will be in September the same as last year :(

4. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Apple and most other manufacturers are sticking to their every 12 month or so flagship release patterns, I see no reason they would release the iPhone 6 early.

5. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

6. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I can say for a fact iPhone 6 will not be released at WWDC.

7. zipur macrumors 6502

Well they better do something quick! They Sammy s5 is a very nice phone, it will pull a lot of buyer. At the $700 price point I don't see people refreshing their phones as often. Apple has a bigger incentive in maintaining loyaly. It's apps store. They continue to receive recurring revenues as people buy apps, movies and music. Apple biggest fault may be their past success because they believe people won't change. Note to apple "they will", I see more and more samsungs floating around, the lastest version has a screen that is outstandin!
    I a currently waiting and waiting for the next iPhone and I am getting frustrated.

8. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

lolwut

9. Serban Suspended

I hope to release the iphone 6 in september, i really want to take their time and make this thing beauty

10. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

11. stuffradio macrumors 65816

I personally heard May 33rd at midnight, but that's just from my inside sources. I won't name names.

12. SestoElemento macrumors newbie

It won't be released at WWDC! Its simple as that!

13. Danoc macrumors 6502

Danoc

It will be about iOS, not iPhone.

Yes, iOS can hint at the iPhone, but not only: iPad, cars, next product category.

14. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

15. Dave245 macrumors 601

I don't think we will see it at WWDC, I think we will see IOS 8, new MacBook Air updates and stuff like that. iPhone 6 will probably be announced in September where they may announced a 4.7 and a 5.5 iPhone.

16. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Sammy s5? No no... that's not right.

Apple doesn't consider Samsung with their release cycle.. it all depends on whether they have a product they can ship or not. They probably began working on the 6 when the 5s was being sorted out for mass production. The design was likely finalized alongside the new chipsets a a few months ago, just as the 5 was with the 4s.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on the iPhone 6s or 7 or Air or whatever they are calling the next iPhone.

I completely expect Apple to come out with an iPhone with a bigger screen but for some reason, people will find a way to hate it and then wait "frustratingly" for the next iteration.

17. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Think we will hear about iOS 8 and 10.10. The fall seems to be perfect timing for Apple to release next generation iPhone...

18. janitor1999 macrumors regular

If people want an iPhone they will get an iPhone, same goes for the s5, personally wouldn't touch an s5 with a barge pole, will be to fragile and full of samsung bloatware,just as many of the previous galaxy phones have been, my present phone is due for upgrading this year, will go for the new iphone, or the next nexus release, see which I prefer when they are released.

19. ipodmac thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah your probably right but I was going to take out a 2 year iPhone 5s contract and thought it would be sods law that the iPhone 6 would be released at WWDC just 2 months later.

Either way the iPhone 6 will probably make the 5s look crap.

20. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

It will about the ios etc. Not about iphone 6, yes there are some pics but iphone 6 would be released probably in september :rolleyes:

21. Camoxide macrumors regular

No. iOS is released to developers at WWDC which allows it to be Beta tested before the release of the next iPhone and next iOS to the public

22. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

No, Apple will not release an iPhone without going through a software beta first. WWDC 2014 will introduce a new Macbook Air, possible mentions of OSX 10.10 and iOS 8. iOS 8 will be the main attraction with the introduction of 10 of the 200+ features included. The iPhone 2014 edition will be showcased in September and released in middle september/ beginning of October. Launching the iPhone before going into a proper iOS 8 beta will be a PR nightmare as every year since 2007 the iPhone has had either a hardware issue or software issue on launch day.