Carrier iPhone 6 ATT Next SIM Swap from iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikebuzzsaw, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Mikebuzzsaw macrumors 6502

I bought an iPhone 6 directly from ATT.com with Next using another family members line.

The other family members line is an iPhone 4s which uses a micro sim card which I want to keep active.

I understand that if I were to turn on the new phone 6 on, it would automatically activate the sim inside of it and deactivate the micro sim card in the iPhone 4s.

If I were to stick my own ATT activated iPhone 5s nano sim into the iPhone 6 and turn it on for first time, would it work? I will then throw away the nano sim that came with the iPhone 6. Would this keep the micro sim in the iPhone 4s still working?

If this is a retarded question, flame away.

2. AnthonySager macrumors member

You have two options

1-(smartest) goto AT&T and have them give you a nano sim and activate the iPhone on your line. They do this all the time. It's simple.

2-cut it. It works but probably best to get a nano sim. Put that in the phone then boot. It will activate on your account

I have 6 lines and upgraded 3 of them using different numbers for all. I just took out the nano sims from our 5s and popped them in the phones that people wanted and all worked fine. Instantly activated and showed on our account. No fuss