iPhone 6 audio stuttering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Antoni Nygaard, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Antoni Nygaard macrumors 6502a

Antoni Nygaard

Hi,

I got my iPhone 6 in october. I started noticing back then that when listening to music in the music app using headphone jack that the music stutters when going in and out of different apps, its not always its just sometimes. it came with 8.0.2 I have updated through iTunes every time. But the issue is still present! Has anyone heard of that or experiencing that problem?

2. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

Unfortunately the Music app no longer has priority as of iOS 8. With iOS 7 and before, audio would consistently play in the background and if you opened up the app from a reboot, the most previously played track would still be stored in memory and the most recent artist page would still be loaded.

With iOS 8, the Music application stutters when iOS is trying to manage memory and if the application is closed, you will be taken back to the main Radio/Genius/Artists list.

3. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Damn, really? It would be quite a bummer if while listening to music it starts to stutter just because I unlocked the screen to see and reply to a WhatsApp message i just received (for example).

I am planning to switch to an iPhone 6 but on my Nexus 5 the Google Play Music app never stutters in this manner.