iPhone 6 Availability in the next few days after release.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lucasrant, Sep 15, 2014.

1. lucasrant macrumors regular

I have a really basic question but i can't find any info online about this.
    People are ordering online knowing their phones are going to ship weeks from now. Are they assuming there isn't going to be any stock at apple retail stores in the days after the iPhone is released? I get the first weekend might be rough, but what about a week or two after?

Honestly, the reason i'm asking is because i'll be travelling to the US on the 28th of september and i was hoping i'd be able to walk into an apple store and buy one right there.

Does anyone know what the situation's been in years past?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

The larger Apple stores get new shipments everyday during these launch times. There will be a line each morning with people hoping to get a phone from the new batch that comes in. That will probably be you're best bet. If you can schmooze with the employees to try and figure out about when they are getting their shipments, that will help.

3. lucasrant thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice, i'll keep it in mind!

4. lucasrant thread starter macrumors regular

I'm thinking i'll order it online and select personal pick up from an apple store. At least I hope I'll get the option.

5. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

If you are talking about getting it on 9/19, that ship sailed days ago. If you want one on launch day, you will have to line up at an Apple or carrier store.

6. lucasrant thread starter macrumors regular

Nono, i'll be in New york for a couple of days starting on the 27th of september. I thought i'd get it then.

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Hard to say. Things are going to be pretty crazy for a while after the launch. They won't start allowing personal pickup until things settle down a bit. The larger Apple stores get shipments everyday for a while after the launch, so you may be able to get in the line in the morning and pick one up.

8. Whtchdr macrumors regular

The best thing is to check online and reserve it in store. I checked on hands at 3AM each morning after the launch last year and managed to snag the only gold 64GB that store received in weeks that way.

9. forgott macrumors newbie

Same situation here.

I'll be the September 29th in Miami and 30th in Orlando, and I really hope to find the 6+ Space Grey 128gb. I've been trying to find any information about the older devices after the release dates, but I wasn't able to find it.

I remember that I struggled to find an iPhone 5 64gb on the first week of December 2012, considering its release the September of that year.

Is it real that even a week after the release, there is still lines to buy it?

I'm leaving USA the October 12th, and it seems that I'm not buying it.