iPhone 6 availability

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZBoater, Sep 12, 2014.

1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

So I was browsing the store and it seems only a couple of iPhone 6 models are still available. The rest including all the iPhone 6+ models are weeks out.

What do you think it was? A underestimation of the monster iPhone demand? Constrained supplies? Sapphire glass wasn't the issue. Constrained screens maybe?

Speculate.

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I think mass production of the 6+ didn't start until a few weeks ago because Apple was hoping to outfit them with sapphire displays, which didn't work out.

iPhone 6 models have been in production longer and stayed available much longer. Remember, all said and done expectations are that Apple just sold > 10 million phones in a 12 hour period. Of course stock will run low at some point, but they're making hundreds of thousands a day.

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I just think they're covering their a**. I would expect them to get it a little sooner than expected delivery date.

I obviously don't know how they determine the amount needed but I'm sure plenty are and have been made already. Maybe trying not to overload the delivery companies because they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand on packages? IDK really?

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I just think the demand is too big for ANY company in the world to make enough units in a few months. Believe the 6 went into production in July and the Plus in August. Foxconn was hiring like 100,000 workers or some INSANE number. There just isn't production capacity to make enough phones in time.

I'm sure they'll get caught up in a couple months, but Apple has created a phenomenon with this product and the hype creates a "rich man's problem" for them... more demand than supply.

:apple: