iPhone 6 Battery Cycles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KAB2010, Jun 24, 2016.

1. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 6 has been through 680 full battery charge cycles and both the battery health app for iPhone and iBackupBot for PC report i still have 95% capacity left. How is it possible for me to only lose 5% after that many cycles when even Apple has claimed that batteries typically lose around 20% by 300-400 cycles? I've had an iPhone 5s with less cycles that was toast which i eventually replaced the battery for, and my dad's 5s is on its last legs at close to a thousand cycles.

Did I just get very lucky and happen to have a rare, very healthy battery? My battery life still sucks anyway due to living in a very low signal area.

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

What app are you using that tells you 95% capacity?

3. G.McGilli macrumors regular

The two that he lists in the first sentence of his post....

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

Sorry....

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Good battery maintenance will extend the battery quite a bit. My 2012 MBA is at 950 cycles and 89% health. Its rated for 80% @ 500 cycles, so I have more than doubled the life. I make sure to charge it between 20-80% and never let it fully die. Reaching 0 is the quickest way to decrease health; also extreme heat.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't put too much credence into these apps. Some swear by them. If you aren;lt seeing noticabl worse battery life than you did when you got the phone you are doing great and your battery is a champ. I already report around 9% health at 275 cycles. I think the phone has only ever died once due to an inability to charge and nearly always gets plugged in before I get a low battery warning. I do let it charge to full every night though.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Ibackupbot gives you the current capacity and max capacity of the battery. It's the most accurate of any app because you have to manually do the math to figure out the percentage. The other apps are based on estimates. Ibackupbot are the actual numbers. Coconut battery and ibackupbot hardly match up with my devices but I use coconut for a quick estimate.