iPhone 6+ Battery issue??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hishat89, Sep 30, 2014.

1. hishat89 macrumors newbie

Do these stats look normal? i have my phone on about 80% brightness with wifi and bluetooth on most of the day. I see other posts of 12hrs+ usage, i can hardly get 7hours!

Attached Files:

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

80% brightness (on a 5.5 inch 1080p screen) :eek:

Yeah thats probably your issue right there.

Turn it down a bit and give it a week for the battery to calibrate before worrying about battery life IMO.

3. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Turn the brightness down. Also, what's that BBC app? If that's video or something, that could be hurting you.

4. hishat89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its been almost a week and i have my eye on usage quite a lot, my first charge gave me close to 9hours usage. So your suggestion is bring it down to 50%?

Anyone else have better battery life with their brightness on 80-100%? I'm pretty convinced and i have 2days left on my return.

5. hishat89 thread starter macrumors newbie

i watched about 1 hour of video, it was already downloaded so no data was eating up battery. my last 5 days consist

Attached Files:

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Bring it down to whatever level is comfortable for you. You 'll probably find that it doesn't need to be so bright for the screen to look good.

If you're returning to get your money back and buy a different model phone, that's your choice. If you're thinking of exchanging for the same model, I doubt that will help anything.

There's also this, which is worth a read:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...als-8-ways-to-extend-your-iPhone-battery.html

Tl;DR: A lot of the things that battery-life obsessed iPhone users do actually use up more battery power rather than they conserve. So make sure you're not doing any of those things.

7. Nee412 macrumors 6502

Yeah it's the brightness. I mostly keep mine around 30% brightness. I've been using it for casual messaging and Internet browsing for the last 13 hours. Actually as I've also watched some YouTube videos and trailers, made a couple of short calls, used the camera, and uploaded a couple of photos. Still got 53% battery left.

8. hishat89 thread starter macrumors newbie

mind posting a screenshot of your last 5-x days of usage? I'm just curious as to know if it might be a battery issue with this specific phone.

9. Nee412 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

10. hishat89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like your getting very similar usage to me. What's your display settings on?

11. Nee412 macrumors 6502

Around 30% brightness, with auto-brightness turned off, and zoom / text all set to standard.

12. sjperformance macrumors 6502

13. toekneeg macrumors member

No battery issues here either. Def turn your brightness down. I'm usually 40% inside and 50% outside. Still super bright to me.

Attached Files:

14. Matheew944 macrumors regular

I kee my brightness at 50% on my 6+, I dont want 100% bright nor 10% .... I think 50% is good

15. gewawd macrumors member

gewawd

If you have a Mac, you can download this app called Coconut Battery & check your iPhone's full charge capacity. If you have a PC, you can use iBackupBot instead. It has been mentioned in these forums already so you can just do a quick search about them.

16. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Nothing wrong with those battery stats. I have auto brightness switched on and have 'tailored' the max level so that it is never much higher than 30% unless out in direct sunlight.

I get 9-10 hours of usage from my 6+, occasionally 10.5 if I'm lucky.

17. tinapanpan macrumors newbie

tinapanpan

Maybe because you launch lots of apps.

18. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

I usually never have problems with the battery on my 6+. I love it! Here are my stats. I typically don't charge it to 100% I just charge when it gets low and just continue to use it. I have brightness on manual. I typically increase it if i'm watching a show or movie.

Attached Files:

19. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Just keeping the CPU and screen lit up for an hour constant can have a big effect on your daily battery life.