iPhone 6 battery issues/restore help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lamar578, Aug 31, 2016.

1. lamar578 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

My iPhone 6 that I've had for almost a year and a half is finally starting to give me issues. As of the last couple weeks, when the battery gets down to about 30% it just dies and turns off. It will even die and turn off at 50 or 60% if I'm using it heavily (streaming music over LTE to bluetooth headphones while browsing internet).

I took it in to the Apple store and was told my phone was all good, battery was in good shape (91% capacity or something like that?) and that to fix I should restore from new and see what happens.

My question is, wiping my phone scares me, and the only thing I really care to have back on my phone after wiping it are my contacts and photos. I can redownload apps and all that stuff on my own. What settings should I have ticked to be able to re download my contacts and photos once I restore?

Thanks in advance

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Do you have your contacts and photos stored on your Mac or PC? If you do, you can always sync them back to your phone via iCloud.

3. lamar578 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no idea, I have contacts turned on in iCloud settings on my iPhone but when I go onto iCloud.com all I see are the four contacts I have favorited, nothing else. Which is why I am kind of confused, my pictures show up fine on iCloud online.

4. nighthawk67 macrumors regular

nighthawk67

Mine has been the same way, battery has been draining fast, and when it gets to around 25% I never know when it's going to die, last night I even left my phone to charge from dead to about 43% and when I unplugged it, it went straight to 7%... very weird, might have to take my phone to Apple to see if there's anything wrong, but mine is definitely out of warranty.