iphone 6 battery life 4g browsing.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smorrissey, Apr 17, 2015.

1. smorrissey macrumors 6502a

For you guys with an iphone 6:

How much battery do you think will consume 2 phone calls and 1 hour of 4g browsing using safari on the iphone 6?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

How long are the phonecalls?
    I get approximately 9-10 hours of usage if I'm web browsing over 4G with my 6+
    The first 10% lasts the longest, ie 100-90%, and it decreases thereafter but averages out at just under 10% per hour on 4G.
    The iPhone 6 should return 7-8 hours but it all depends on your signal strength, how data intensive the websites are and how often you reload pages etc.

3. Maximeed69 macrumors member

I can get around 7-7h30 using 3G on my iPhone 6 , people showing even more using 4G it also depends on the iOS version you runing and about your usage aswell

4. cynics macrumors G3

Impossible to say as cellular reception will make a tremendous difference.

Are you experiencing something that you feel should be different?

5. smorrissey, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015

smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi, dam, i forgot to write time, 1 minute each call. So 10% for all i guess?...

I'm just planning to maybe buy an iphone 6. If the device is gonna take 50% of my battery for the use i mentioned above i'm definitely not buying.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It all depends on your signal strength and what type of websites you're visiting/how often you load one up. The usage you specify for one hour would take approx 15% of your battery power but that is a rough guide. It certainly wouldn't be anything like 50%.

7. smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your commentary.

8. kevinjohnson20 macrumors newbie

I think it will take maximum 8 hours,This is only my estimate about it.I am not sure on it.Might be it will work more than 8 hours.

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

No matter the conditions the battery wont be at 50% with that amount of usage. In my experience the battery would be around 85 - 90% with 1 hour of browsing and a couple phone calls.

10. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

Good point.

I always believed the whole cellphone battery threads, forums, real life discussions or however its communicated, are comical. To me, the real battery issues should be if your phone dies off at 20% vs 0% while on standby. That's when you know the battery or that phone is no good, unless its a swapped out battery of course. By that time, I'm sure a person has had that phone for sometime to reach that point of bad battery.

Obviously, if your watching videos, calling, doing work, texting, browsing, etc, your phone is going to burn up fast on all phones, in this case the 6 vs 6+.

OP, if your worried about battery usage to a tee like that, I don't see how you could enjoy the phone. Just get the phone and use it. If you drive, get a car charger and when you get home, put it on a charger while your watching TV, etc.

To me, bad batteries are bad when they die on standby time. If I start my day at 100% and I check my phone after the first hour of no physical use, and its at 95%, even just by receiving texts, emails?, that's the only time you should be worried. Anyways, get the phone and enjoy it dude or dudet......:cool:

Ex: I started my day(6am) at 87% and did a few texts and read some emails. Currently at 11:24am, I'm at 82% on my 6. Beautiful. Enjoy your phone when you get it. Thanks for reading.

4 hours in my pocket on standby.

11. smorrissey, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

and this is exactly what i want to avoid, i don't want to be 50% at 12 pm.

There are a few people who had commented the phone doesn't last them a working day.

If they are playing games its obvious they wont. If they have bluetooth, wifi or gps, push notifications enabled all the time they won't either.

But it you have all those disabled i assume the phone should last a work day at least on stand by.

12. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

It's hard to say, everyone is so different with their usage.

13. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

My iP6 has been off charge for 12.5 hrs now with just over 3 hours of use, the rest of the time in standby so far today. My use today consisted of numerous phone calls, many texts, checking 3 email accounts throughout the day (2 push, 1 fetch), some web browsing (15 to 20 mins), shot about 10 mins of video, a few photos, posted some images on a shared photo stream, checked weather many times and monitored my commute with Google search (aka Google Now in android world). Not a heavy day but fair usage and I'm at 69% as I type this. As a side note I have Bluetooth, location services (GPS), WiFi on all the time and do not turn them off despite not using WiFi at work and only using Bluetooth during my commute to and from work.

14. smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

iphone 6 or +?

15. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

That's with my iPhone 6 that I'm using currently. I also have an iPhone 6+ that I sometimes switch out to. If I used it in similar fashion, it would have about 10 to maybe 15% more battery capacity left (rough guess).

16. smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's a pretty good battery life mate, gps and wifi all the time and you have still 69%??? Sorry but i find that hard to believe.

I'm not saying that you are lying, just reserve my final opinion and thanks for commenting here.

17. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Here you go

Attached Files:

18. smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well you shut my mouth, thanks for posting that image, that's a pretty good battery life, congratulations. Not excelent but the galaxy s6 is not either.

May i ask you one more thing? do you have scratches on your screen? or do you use a screen protector?

19. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

I put tempered glass screen protectors on all my phones, have since they started making them. While the new curved edge displays make them fit differently now, not edge to edge for the most part, I still like them. It's the first thing I do to a new phone right out of the box, followed by a case. I spend too much money on these devices as it is and want to recover as much as I can when I sell them to get a new one when the time comes. The coating used on the new iPhone screens seems real susceptible to micro scratches, not in the glass but in the coating. I'd rather scratch a screen protector than the actual screen, they're easier and cheaper to replace.

20. smorrissey thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your comment.