Iphone 6 battery life >> 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by allprologue, Sep 20, 2014.

1. allprologue macrumors regular

I wait tables* on the weekends, and I like to track my steps as I walk around with an app that runs in the background of whatever I'm doing. Since I started using said app, one 6-8 hour shift would take me from 100% battery on my 5S to 15% if I was lucky. Often worse if I happened to text on my break, I'd sometimes have to put it on airplane mode so it wouldn't lose complete power before I could get to my car to charge it.

Just got home from my first shift after getting my iphone 6 and I walked out of there with about 72% battery running the same background apps as well as carrying on a text conversation when my managers weren't looking. About a 7.5 hour shift. Wanted to share my experience. So far battery life is a huge improvement to what I had! Unrelatedly I also get LTE in town where I definitely did not before!

*what's "waiting tables", you ask? well you know those restaurants you eat at? the people that bring your food out and get your drinks are waiting tables. (just a little applehead joke, don't mind me)

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Very cool! :) The better battery life is one of the things I'm most excited about for this iPhone generation.

:apple:

3. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Perhaps it is iOS 8 as well. My battery life has been outstanding with the 5S on 8.