iPhone 6 battery life iOS 8.1

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ThePhenom415, Oct 30, 2014.

1. ThePhenom415 macrumors newbie

Based on my usage. There is no way that my battery should be sub 80%. Please note that I used Amazon Video last night not after the most recent full charge. Apple Store said diagnostics showed that my battery was fine. Said that NFC being on constantly could be causing the drain. Great. So I suppose apple wants me to disable another feature that I want to use. And of course their is no way to turn the NFC chip on and off based upon use, so it's like looking for a credit card terminal to read. May be the last iPhone i get for awhile and I have had every whole number device.

Attached Files:

2. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

3. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

Your battery is fine, iPhones aren't known for having exceptional battery life, with the obvious exception of the 6 Plus.

4. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

Based on Apples 10 hours of battery life, that would mean 1 hours of usage for every 10% on your iPhone 6.
    You got about 1.5 hours on 20%. That's not too bad...

One thing that made a big difference for my battery life is turning emails from push to fetch every 15 minutes. Might wanna give that a try.

My most recent iPhone 6 battery life was 12 hours 20 minutes usage, 1 day 7 hours stand-by.

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

That's pretty good battery life. My iPhone 5 would be at 60-80% after an hour of on-screen.

6. dels macrumors member

Did you just switch over to 8.1? After upgrading, it took my 6 about 2 days to settle in where I lose about 10% battery per 1.25 hours of normal usage.

Contrast that to my HTC One (M7), where I had it on the charger CONSTANTLY, and the 6 (with smaller battery) seems like a energy miser in comparison.

7. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

There is nothing wrong with your battery life and going to apple is just a waste of time.

At the rate you are consuming the battery you will get between 6.5-7 hours of screen time. That is completely normal.

8. Damolee macrumors 6502

Do you have background refresh enabled?

I was getting similar until I turned that rubbish off.

9. ThePhenom415 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I say there is something wrong as pre iOS 8.1 I was getting 8-9 hours of usage with 20% left

I have every power sucking option turned off. LTE off when on Wifi, background refresh off, location services only during use, auto brightness off set to 40%, iCloud set to hourly fetch, Bluetooth off, wifi off when not in use

10. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

I've noticed iOS 8.1 drained much more battery life when I've tested it for 24 hours, reverted back to iOS 8.0 and the diff is night vs day. No ApplePay in Canada, so it was kinda pointless for me to be on 8.1

iOS 8.1 activating the NFC is the only thing that would drain a batt like that.

11. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

OP, there are some many variables that could be affecting your battery life.. cellular reception (bad signal = crappy battery), screen brightness, email, background app refresh (Facebook is notorious), location, and even notifications. Have you checked all of these?

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

OP my screen shot at 78% is close to you and i get amazing battery over all you cant try and study every 10 or 20% its all about the whole 100%

[​IMG]

13. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Maybe it the stupid way Safari is allowed to have unlimited tabs.

It's 09:01. I've been up since 07:30 and my battery has gone from 100% to 57%.

It's an absolute joke.

Yes I have closed all apps and rebooted.

14. apprunner macrumors regular

This might sound weird but i nuked my card from Apple Pay and got better battery life :rolleyes: I was experiencing the same levels as you are right now but when I turned off the Apple Pay, it went to 8.0 levels. I'm tempted to turn on Apple Pay again but not really in a hurry since no one takes it yet :confused:

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

What's your usage showing up as? And what apps are listed as using up the battery?

16. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

Safari was 34% which is about right. I use that the most.

I lost 100% battery this morning in 4 hours.

I recharged and I've lost 24% in the last 6 hours.

iOS 8 is crazy!

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

So what's the usage time at those time periods? What about where you are, how's the signal there (cellular, WiFi, etc.)? Are things like Bluetooth, background refresh, all kinds of system location services, and other similar things enabled?

18. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

I'm where I always am doing what I always do. Nothing has changed.

Just this morning for some reason the battery was losing 25% an hour. Now it's not.