iPhone 6 battery life issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iammrhappy, Oct 27, 2014.

1. iammrhappy macrumors newbie

My battery life on my iPhone sucks. It goes down like 20 percent over night.

My standby usuage is 9 hours
    My usuage is 3 hours.

I was at 100% at 12 pm and now it's 10 pm and I'm at 11%. This may sound good for some of you, but keep in mind: 21% of my usage is homescreen.

I don't use it for anything cept to look at the battery life and SOME texting.

Is this normal? I'm gonna take it back to the Apple Store tomorrow.

When I first got it, I was getting 16 hour battery life's.

I'm pretty upset.

2. XT550 macrumors regular

XT550

First do this simple test: write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute 3. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

3. janitor1999 macrumors regular

My iPhone 6 is used for sat nav at work, on Saturday it was down to 28% after 17hrs, that was after 7hrs of using the sat nav feature on and off, plus of course a few phone calls, texts, facebook and Twitter.

4. Damolee macrumors 6502

Doesn't sound right to me.

Turn it off and on, check the background app refresh too. That is always going to be a battery killer. Facebook and Twitter updating all night.