iPhone 6 battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kieran9810, Jul 3, 2014.

1. kieran9810 macrumors member

I haven't seen many threads about the battery life, but what do you expect? I really hope they've tried to improve the battery life this year. IMO that's the only thing that let's the iPhone down, but I still prefer it to any android phone.

2. rrm74001, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

It's thinner, but also wider and taller, so they may not have to reduce the battery size at all.

How that translates into battery life, based on the larger screen, we'll have to wait and see. I *really* doubt it'll get worse, but also really hope it gets better. Battery life is already decent in my experience, but can still be inadequate when traveling.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

How could anyone possibly know until they have one in their hands? It can only be a guess at best.

5. kieran9810 thread starter macrumors member

Really no need for this kind of comment. As I said I haven't seen many posts about battery life and if it really bothers you that much, then don't bother to read the thread. Simple #

6. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

...You're joking.

We all want more battery life. There is no such thing as a battery lasting too long. Will the iPhone 6 be any better? There is only one way to find out.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The OP asked whether we EXPECT increased battery life, so I am not sure why people are giving him such a hard time here...

Me, I am a little torn. I think it is safe to say that we will see a larger screen (at least one, maybe two) this year. Historically (with other makers) increasing screen size generally increases battery life due to there being more room for more battery. The new iPhone(s), again assuming rumors are true, will be even thinner than the 5, which was the thinnest phone on the market for a while, and is by no means considered thick still today. So how much battery space is Apple sacrificing with their lust for thinness? I don't know.

If I was forced to guess right now, I would say we will see increased battery life, but it will be underwhelming. That is to say, we won't see 50%+ increases here. We will see something modest. I am figuring around 10% or so.

8. cynics macrumors G3

iPhone 6 battery life?

Apple put so much emphasis on thinness with the iPhone 5 it seems they will have to keep up with that. Which wasn't possible at the time (Oppo Finder) an is certainly not possible now (Gionee Elife @ 5.5mm :gasp: ). Why even bother?

Certain people go on an on about how Android devices are all about specs and numbers. What do you think Apple is doing? Making matters worse it's pure form over function.

Leave the same depth, put a competition sized battery in it and dominate battery life again. Make it paper thin when battery tech can support it.

9. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

The A8 SoC is designed specifically to improve battery life! It will be faster then the A7 but not by a factor of 2X like that of the A7 over A6 was and graphic function should the same or double that of the A7 with double the screen resolution with a bigger area. Graphics of the 5S was 7 times faster then the 5 model. Expect increase in more RAM to make everything faster like 1.5GB. Apple does not like to increase RAM since it is more expensive.

10. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

There is no proof to suggest A8 will only be modestly faster than A7. The same thing was speculated last year (A7 was supposed to be only 30% faster than A6), and see how that turned out ;)

And A7 graphics is not 7x faster than A6. It is 2x-2,5x faster.

11. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

All we can say is it will be better but by how much? A8 will be drain less power than the A7 for a start. Depends on he battery size then and various other things. Personally think it's an area they will focus on this time, and well see better running times.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They always try to improve on battery with every release so most likely it will be slightly better than before.
    But like prior years most likely a very small improvement.
    There's only so much you can do with current battery tech.