iPhone 6 Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dblake15, Sep 19, 2014.

1. dblake15 macrumors newbie

I know that it is early but if people can give an idea of battery life for the 6. I was going to get a 6 + because it has better battery, but love the 4.7 form factor better. But if battery is the same as 5S it is a no go for me.

Thanks

2. jamets515 macrumors regular

Yes, it is early. The only people that can tell you are people that have had reviews out and been in possession of the phone for longer than half a charge cycle.

We might be able to give you a better answer in a day or so. :rolleyes:

3. scrtagntman macrumors regular

Wish I could remember which review it was, but I recall them saying that with light to moderate use they got 3 days out of the plus! I think it was about 11 hours of screen on time. It was one of the more mainstream sites, but I've read so many the past 48 hours...

Of course you don't know how many email accounts and other services they were syncing and other things that can sap better life.

4. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

Yeah it's really too early to say anything for sure. But anecdotally I'd say mine is chugging through battery at a pretty good pace. On pace to get around 6 hrs of use on this charge which is actually a bit worse than with my 5S. Of course the battery only came half charged and I will need to do a full drain down and recharge before making any final judgements. But so far I am not wowed by the battery life on the 6. I really wish they had kept the thickness the same and opted for a bigger battery.

5. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Multiple reviews say its better than the 5S, it lasts about a day and a half compared to the 2 days and a few hours. I think the bottom line is, it lasts for more than a day, which is more than the 5S if I can recall.

6. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

I've only had my phone for a few hours, but it's too early for me to say exactly on the battery life. I've been using it heavily, and it's doing an iCloud restore of my photos which is taking quite a while.

7. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

Every year, every time the iPhone __ kills the battery the first few days. After a few cycles of charging, it will all work out. Patience grasshopper!

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Take any early impressions with a grain of salt. For example, my iPhone 6 is currently chugging through all of my iCloud photos, and that's draining the battery pretty quick.

9. volntitan macrumors 6502

Maybe a stupid question...should you charge the phone over night or anything before you use it?

10. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

It used to matter, but it doesnt matter anywhere. Charge whenever you feel like it, use it whenever you feel like it.

11. chupachup macrumors 6502

Reviews don't matter. It will last what it lasts for that particular user.

Some people will say a day. Some people will say half a day.

Joshua Topolsky could barely make it through one day with the 6 Plus. It was dead or almost dead by the end of his work day.

----------

There is absolutely no way, with regular to heavy use that you will ever get 48 hours out of an iPhone unless you leave it in airplane mode.

12. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

That's true, I usually get 3 days on a charge on my 3 year old 4S (fairly light usage, but not zero), but that is not typical.

13. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Everyone I know with a 5 or 5S says theirs dies within a day with normal use.
    Lots of text messaging.

14. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Just went from my first full charge to 12%. 14.5 hrs stand by and 5.1 hours of pretty heavy use.

15. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Pretty solid! :)

:apple:

16. kadhytia macrumors newbie