iPhone 6/+ battery pales in comparison to Note 4

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I was seriously considering the Note 4 but the sound quality measurements rule it out as a music player. Check out the Gsmarena review.

I will still go take a look at the Note 4 to see if the screen can make up for it, but for the most part the sound quality is more important to me.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Rather suspect numbers here. Only 6:45 for the Plus under Web browsing? I can get closer to 9 out of mine doing nothing but Web browsing.

l3uddz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
nope. I got 11 hrs on my + and I use it almost non-stop all day
Of course you do buddy!
The article in the opening post does pretty hardcore performance until the battery dies without letting the screen die and those are the numbers. iPhone usage time in the battery statistics panel is not screen on time, don't let it confuse you. But yeah the iPhone 6+ is still good

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I've owned a Note 2 and a Note 3. Those will be the last Samsung phones I'll ever own until they ditch TouchWiz.

The stylus features are nice I'll admit but I personally just don't like TouchWiz. No thanks.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
Honestly, after using the Note 3 and seeing what ditching the Samsung software and going with Cyanogenmod 11 did for that phone, no way I'll ever use another Samsung phone again. That said, once I get my iPhone 6 Plus, I'll never look at Android again. Having used all four "major" platforms, I can honestly say I may even like Windows Phone more than iPhone, except I have so much invested in iTunes... Thanks to DRM I have to go back to iPhone...

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
It also has way better specs and a much higher resolution display but guess what...nobody cares.

Nope. Battery is for the iPhone six plus is much better according to andantech, compared to phone arena.

Screen may be be better pixel density wise on note 4. That's its.

Recent articles show the gpu performance of the note 4 can't handle its screen. Six onus performs better.

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
and that benefits me as a customer how?
Okay, seriously, you need to take a chill pill. Most of your comments are just snide remarks in reply to completely innocuous statements. I don't think Enabledobject was suggesting that the 6 Plus outselling the Note 4 would benefit you as a customer.

But if you must know, it benefits the consumer when a product sells in large numbers because any defects or shortcomings become apparent more easily. There's a larger sample size, and journalists report on them more often because they know readers care about it. Case in point, when the iPhone 4 came out, it was very popular and when people complained about poor reception due to the external antenna design, Apple responded with free bumpers for everyone who purchased it before a certain date. This would have been less likely with a product that didn't sell in the tens of millions, because consumers wouldn't care.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The Note 4 would be great if it ran stock Android. TouchWiz is a deal breaker. It's an awful thing to do to what would otherwise be an awesome phone. . Yeah, you could root it, but I hate all the fiddling that goes along with rooting. I've been there and done that-and I'd rather just use the phone without having to modify it.

oneofthenine

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
The Note 4 would be great if it ran stock Android. TouchWiz is a deal breaker. It's an awful thing to do to what would otherwise be an awesome phone. . Yeah, you could root it, but I hate all the fiddling that goes along with rooting. I've been there and done that-and I'd rather just use the phone without having to modify it.

Why not go to the play store. Type in 'google now launcher', install it .... done.

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
It's a good idea not to buy an Android phone. With the iPhone 6 selling 10 of millions of units no developer in their right mind would make apps for Android first.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Why not go to the play store. Type in 'google now launcher', install it .... done.
Holy crap, you're right. I've been out of the Android rooting game for a few years.

That looks awesome. I have a Nexus 7 which I use (and REALLY enjoy) so I haven't needed to root. Thanks for the tip.