Iphone 6 battery percentage

Da1e85

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
How quick does your battery drain whilst on safari mine seems to be 1 percent every 3 to 4 minutes

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I haven't timed it but according to Apple you could theoretically get up to 10 hours on 3G or LTE web browsing.

10 hours = 600 min
600 min / 100% = 1% every 6 min

Of course we all know that we don't always get 10 hours based on many other factors (battery drainers turned on), so take the 1% every 6 min with a grain of salt.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
How quick does your battery drain whilst on safari mine seems to be 1 percent every 3 to 4 minutes
Too many factors involved.

1. Is gps icon on? Safari will request location access. I always put no
2. What other apps are running in the background?

The best way to do battery test is do a fresh restore. Just leave the phone on idle for hours and see how much battery drains.

Many peeps who have battery problems have way too much stuff running in the background that they don't know. Or text way too much and don't realize how much screen display they use.

Da1e85

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Too many factors involved.

1. Is gps icon on? Safari will request location access. I always put no
2. What other apps are running in the background?

The best way to do battery test is do a fresh restore. Just leave the phone on idle for hours and see how much battery drains.

Many peeps who have battery problems have way too much stuff running in the background that they don't know. Or text way too much and don't realize how much screen display they use.
i have everything turned off except background services for whatsapp location and stuff is off it just seems its draining too fast

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
i have everything turned off except background services for whatsapp location and stuff is off it just seems its draining too fast
Do a full restore. Install nothing. Don't touch the phone and get back to us.

Asharus

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
i dont disable any location service requests on any apps, leave all radios on, etc.

here's a screenshot of my battery usage, iphone 6 64gb

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
Brightness level? That is the largest factor with battery life. I keep my 6 around 40% my sister keeps hers around 75%. I get more than double the battery life she gets with similar usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.