iPhone 6+ Battery

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by coffeemadmanUK, Apr 24, 2015.

1. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Noticed that my 6+ battery is going down quite fast with the Apple Watch - and I'm not really using it a huge amount.

What's the sort of rate I should probably be seeing, given the use of the iPhone for the Apple Watch.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I would assume it depends on how many notifications are running. Other than that I can't see it consuming more than a Bluetooth headset. Am I wrong?

3. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

That's what I thought, but it's definitely consuming more than my Jawbone did via Bluetooth.

4. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

Short answer: no one really knows yet.

It could be app implementation specific - like if the MLB app makes the iPhone work in overdrive. Otherwise it is using bluetooth quite a bit if the apps need a lot of communication.

I'd be interested to know what your "battery shaming" screen looks like.

Also keep in mind the new toy rule - you're probably playing with it a lot more than you will once you settle into normal usage.

5. shenfrey macrumors 68000

iPhone 6+ Battery

Funny you should say that, I'm not playing with it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. It's on my wrist and is just sitting there now, dormant. Maybe it's because I'm so tired though, it's been a roller coaster these past 2 days lol.

6. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I'm playing with it as much as I can given I'm at work, but not excessively.