iPhone 6 Battery ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MNR, Apr 5, 2016.

1. MNR, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

MNR macrumors regular

Hi,
    I have an iPhone 6 since launch day. Super happy with it and I hope to keep it for at least one more year, unless I broke it.
    However I'm quite disappointed with my battery. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed I need to charge it more often. Before a charge could easily go for 2 days now I end my day with 20% to 30%. I get it, it is normal that the battery loose capacity over time and it is not a huge deal, still holds the complete day. Is there something I could do such a calibration ? If not how much does Apple charge in the US to change the battery ? And which battery case I could use that doesn't look too thick ?

Thanks.

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

If you don't have Apple care and since the phone is obviously older than a year you'll be charged to replace the battery I believe. Shouldn't be more than $100 but I think it's $50?

3. BeefCake 15 macrumors 65816

BeefCake 15

I went in recently with some battery issues as well a little over a year after owning the phone and it's down to 90% battery capacity, which they indicated is normal.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do you have access to a Mac? If so, you could download Coconut Battery and connect your phone to check its battery's health.

An Apple Store can also check to see if it's within spec.

5. MNR thread starter macrumors regular

Well the battery looks fine according to coconut ...
    So my guess is that an app is messing with the battery ?

Attached Files:

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. Looks like. Unless your usage patterns have changed as of late.

7. oMc macrumors 6502

oMc

Also, post your typical usage using the battery report under iOS settings, after going from 100% from something like 5% or even 1%.

I have an iPhone 6 too, and when it was brand new, one year ago, I was also able to charge it only each 36-48 hours with moderate usage, but it was with iOS 8. Now, with an older battery, iOS 9, and also a poor network signal and wifi at my place (fortunately I am moving in two weeks...), I usually end the day with 20-30% and ~ 7 to 8 hours of usage, which is still OK for me, but I have to charge it each night.