Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idoccurt

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2006
no back pocket

Don't put it in your back pocket and sit down. I don't know of a case

JoeyD74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2014
The phone is physically to big to keep in your pocket with no chance of bending unless you wear baggy pants or your shaped like Sponge Bob.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
So you don't suggest buying it?!

So I have it straight. One person you don't even know says its too big and thats it now your questioning buying it?

I've had my 6+ since launch with no case and its not bent. That said I don't carry it in my back pocket (well sometimes) usually in my front. The one issue I did have is that it was too wide to fit in my cup holder in the car. I just got another car problem solved. :)

I guess my point is they make some cases that add some rigidity to the phone but your best bet is common sense, don't sit with your phone in your back pocket. The only way to keep a phone from bending would be to make it out of solid steel. Even a solid piece of aluminum would bend over time.

Last edited:

JoeyD74

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2014
So you don't suggest buying it?!

I suggest you buy it if that's what you want. Get Apple care or carrier insurance and just see what happens. I use to spend a lot of money on all these cases and in the end it just didn't matter much, I just use the phone and if it breaks I get it replaced.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
I got mine on launch day and have kept it in an Apple leather case with no issues, I always keep it alone in my left front pocket. I wear khakis, loose jeans, tight-ish jeans and my phone is not bent. Don't sit on it and you should be OK. If you sit down and the phone in your pocket hurts, you probably are in the process of bending it. If I'm wearing tighter pants I take it out of my pocket when driving. Duh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.