Iphone 6 Bezel Size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbo1mcm, Aug 6, 2014.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

With all the mockups and renders that are floating around I was very concerned about the size of the bezels on the Iphone 6. I don't think it will be a problem at all. If you look at the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R0_FJ4r73s

You can see that the bezels have been scaled down considerably from the supposed mockups. Also, if you get a black phone, the bezels blend in with the screen and you won't even notice them.

2. phositadc macrumors 6502

I don't think it's merely a matter of "noticing" them. It's a matter of fit. A 4.7" phone with thick bezels will feel far larger and more cumbersome than a 4.7" phone with thin bezels.

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The top and bottom bezels are going to be the problem.

4. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

They're probably as large as they are currently on the iPhone 5S.

Edit: Actually, they look smaller than those on the iPhone 5S. They cant do much about the lower bezel because of the home button/Touch ID.

5. cynics macrumors G4

The overall size of the phone (what actually matters when it comes to pockets, holding it, and one handed use) is not that impressive vs the screen size that is actually on the device. For example the Razr M has a 4.3" screen on a device that is similar (albeit not quite) to the size of the iPhone 5. No one has a problem with pockets and one handed use on either device.

I personally was hoping for some sort of innovation with the home button design. Like smaller with touch id behind the screen some how. Even just reducing the top bezel size. My pocket doesn't care about symmetry.

It is what it is. I still like it, just not "wow'd" by it, not that any piece of technology really wows me anymore....

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Same here. When most other handset manufacturers are ridding their devices of hard buttons, it's annoying that Apple is sticking with the dated round button. Now the whole device has to be much bigger than it needs to be just to incorporate it. Touch ID could go somewhere else on the device, surely it doesn't have to be part and parcel with the home button. IMO iPhones need a design overhaul, not just bigger screens.

7. chupachup macrumors 6502

The best designed phone is my phone. If apple had made the iPhone like the LG G2, it would've been hailed as the greatest phone ever invented, but since it is LG, nobody cares.

My phone feels like I'm just holding a screen.

8. MacAgnostic macrumors regular

MacAgnostic

To get an idea of how the bezels would look (disregarding the overall size of the phone), I made the following image showing various iPhones scaled to the same vertical dimension.

I think the iPhone 6 actually looks pretty good as the display occupies a greater percentage of the surface.

Attached Files:

9. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Time for the bezels to go, we've already seen no bezel TV's so why not a no bezel iPhone??

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Then again, you're not usually carrying around a TV and touching it all over the place. ;)