iPhone 6 bigger screen vs iPhone 5 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Before I bought my iPhone 6, I would have thought that because it had a bigger screen, you be able to see more info on it when using an app (vs the iPhone 5's smaller screen), but this is not the case?! :confused:

As an example, when using Safari on the iPhone 6, it displays the same exact amount of the website as it would do on the iPhone's smaller screen. Same with apps - when using Tweetbot (a twitter client) on the iPhone 5, it displays 4 lines of tweets at a time, which is the same as the iPhone 6 - 4 lines of tweets at any give time!?

If the screen size is bigger on the 6, why does it not display more info on it (like showing 5 or 6 lines of tweets instead), or is this not how the 6 was designed?!

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

First off, go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom and make sure you have it set to "Standard" and not "Zoomed."

If it is standard then you're simply seeing apps that haven't been updated for the iPhone 6 yet. They're slowly coming out, but many still aren't.

As for Safari, it's meant to pan and zoom around pages. It's possible it's zooming in to the same section of a site, but if you zoom out all of the way you should be seeing more on the 6.

3. kmpowell macrumors member

It's not the phone. The 6 still has a very high resolution screen, all you need to do is...

1. Adjust your dynamic text size to suit (I have mine on smallest and it looks great on my 6.)
    2. If an app doesn't yet support adapative text, you will need to wait for the publisher to issue an update that supports it on the 6/6+.