iPhone 6 Bluetooth hands free audio issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spooned12000rpm, Sep 21, 2014.

1. spooned12000rpm macrumors regular

I'm aware there's a fair few threads covering iOS 8 and iPhone 6 Bluetooth issues but what I'm experiencing is different to what others have stated.

I managed to get my iPhone 6 to connect to my 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer (factory Bluetooth hands free) after a couple of attempts. The Mitsubishi system isn't the easiest, and the voice controlled menu drives you potty but after a few minutes I had the two connected to each other. Now the problem I'm experiencing is that when you start a call the audio isn't transmitted to the car until the call connects, ie there's no rings until the call connects and the call timer is displayed on the phone screen. If you switch to audio source to either the handset or loudspeaker all is fine but as soon as you select Bluetooth all is silent (or (if on) the radio continues to play) until the call connects. All this leaves your recipient saying "hello" a few times until the audio's been patched through to the car and you're able to respond.

Now I'm hoping this is just an iOS 8 bug and patched in the first update. But just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same issue.

2. bumbo macrumors regular

bumbo

Yep I'm getting the same issue with my Ford Focus, but I have a 5s so must be an iOS8 issue.

I haven't had anyone call me when in the car but when I dial out I can't hear the other person through my speakers anymore.

When I end the call my phone goes very funny... either freezes or doesn't return to playing music.

One of many many bugs in 8!

3. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

I noticed the low volume issue with my 3rd party Kinvio BT adapter. Try making a phone call and then using the volume buttons to increase the volume. The BT volume isn't linked to the main volume. I was able to increase the volume of mine, and it now sounds great in the car.

Not sure if this helps, but an idea.....

4. spooned12000rpm thread starter macrumors regular

Tried that thanks (as well as turning the car volume up as this is independent in phone mode to stereo mode) once the call is connected the sound is great.

It's like the iPhone isn't switching to Bluetooth audio when starting the call (despite the fact It says it is) and as soon as it connects (call timer shows on screen) it suddenly switches over.

It's not world ending just annoying as my 5 worked like a charm (well, as well as it can do with Mitsubishi's temperamental Bluetooth kit)