Iphone 6 Bluetooth issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Solymar, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Solymar macrumors newbie

Hi all. Hope you can help me out. Not sure if this is an iPhone 6 issue or a ios 8 issue.
    With my old iPhone, when using my Bluetooth headset in the car, it would work as follows: When my phone rings I would switch on the power of my headset (which I always keep off) and it would automatically answer the call directly to the headset. Worked exactly as I like it.

Ever since I got the iPhone 6, it is not working the same way. When I switch on my headset, the call answers thru the phone and I have to manually switch the audio on screen to the headset. Very inconvenient.

I have tried resetting the phone, as well as repairing the devices, but to no avail. If anyone can please advise me what I can do to solve this issue. I cannot figure this seemingly simple problem out. Thank you.

2. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

You can check under Settings>General>Accessibilty>Call Routing. Mine is set to Automatic and works as you described wanting, phone rings - switch on Bluetooth headset - as soon as the headset is detected it allows me to answer over the headset. I'm pretty sure that automatic is the default setting here, but maybe yours got changed.

3. Solymar thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Solymar thread starter macrumors newbie

No one else has this issue? How can I be the only one.