Iphone 6 brighter patch on screen and clicking noise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zykkfryd, Nov 22, 2015.

1. zykkfryd macrumors newbie

I have read many posts on quality issues with either iphone 6/+ and iphone 6s/+. After few months of enjoying my experience with iphone 6 I started to notice things - brighter rounded patch on the middle of the screen (visible only on white and light backgrounds), clicking noise when gently pressed near apple logo and some dust around front camera. I guess they were there from very beginning but I was so fascinated with the phone that I did not notice them. I heard that people are keep on replacing/swapping their phones in pursuit for the perfect one. Mine is still on warranty and was thinking on getting it fixed (screen swapped) or replaced. I have also read that many people have swapped their devices and got even worst ones. Bright patch is only visible on white screen, dust does not interfere with photo quality of front camera... Don't know what to do. Shall I swap it or shall I keep it, forget about those things and enjoy it... again.

2. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Welcome to the swap lottery. If you're really unhappy with what you've got, by all means ask for a swap. You may get a better one, you may get a worse one.

I'm on my 3rd iPhone 6S Plus. It has:
    • A horizontal shadow across the top third and bottom third of the screen.
    • Blue to yellow colour shift, left to right.
    • Everything else is fault free.
    My other 2 phones had these issue but far more pronounced so its the best of the bunch.. My work iPhone 6S has a dark top left corner and the yellow to blue colour shift.

If you can't live with what you have, roll the dice and see what you get.