iPhone 6 brightness changing, auto off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhiteHawk, Sep 20, 2014.

1. WhiteHawk macrumors regular

Hey guys, is anyone noticing that from time to time the brightness of the iPhone 6 screen will jump a little? I have auto brightness off with it manually set to maximum but it keeps doing this now and again.

2. Born2bwild macrumors newbie

Born2bwild

3. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

4. eoren1 macrumors 6502

Me too
    If you hold the slider, you can get the brightness to be correct but as soon as I let get, it dims.
    Frustrating!

5. WhiteHawk thread starter macrumors regular

That isn't the issue, and in fact that isn't an issue at all, while you are moving the slider it brightens the background to show you how bright it will be when your not in Control Center because when your in Control Center it fades and dims the background, then when you release your finger it dims back to the normal Control Center look, that is normal.

What I was referring to is when in normal use whether just looking at the Home Screen or in an app the brightness will jump a little now and again without any reason or user interaction.

I do hope this is a software bug that only some are getting.

6. WhiteHawk thread starter macrumors regular

You two guys having the issue, can I confirm you have your brightness at max? And is it still doing it for you?

7. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Iphone 6+ here and mine is doing it too. I think it is an ios8 glitch. Mine is not set to full brightness.