Iphone 6 broken out of the box

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by oXoHELENoXo, Oct 23, 2014.

1. oXoHELENoXo, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

oXoHELENoXo macrumors newbie

Grrr where do I start, I'm so annoyed.

(link for video I recorded so you can hear/see it)

Ordered my iPhone 6 -64gb- space grey directly from Apple on the 11th October.
    My estimated delivery date was the 27th but it arrived today (23rd) , was so excited....opened the box turned it on scrolled across to set it up and as soon as I went to type my wifi password there was this loud static/crackle noise coming from the loud speaker, finished setting it up and every time I type instead of the keypad click I get a cracking noise, I play some music and i realise it sounds like the loud speaker is broken now bearing in mind I literally just unboxed it.
    I made a phone call and the ear speaker is sounding weird aswell and at this point I also notice a weird line going down the screen that comes and goes. So I decided to contact Apple who then asked me to book an appointment at the store and luckily I got one today, so I popped along to there to be told that the speaker is broken and that they haven't got a replacement in store so will have to wait 3-4 days so they can order it.

I'm so annoyed at this has anybody else had issues straight out the box

[url http://youtu.be/xLnsu5jWYyY /url]

2. Mr Hands macrumors regular

.... oh yeah?

3. oXoHELENoXo thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol hadn't finshed, typing this on my iPhone 5 and accidentally pressed submit

4. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Yeah I figured something like that lol..

That sucks about your new phone! Hopefully they get you a new one quickly.