iPhone 6 Bumper Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rstark18, Oct 1, 2014.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I'll get this going in the hope to find the best bumper for the iPhone 6. This same thread went around last year and was a great source of info.
    I've tried two bumpers so far.

Spigen Neo Hybrid EX
    Great looking.
    Great button feel after adding button stickers.
    Excellent bottom port openings. Big enough for aftermarket cables.
    Too slippery.
    Sides seem to flex and distort maybe because of the two piece design.
    Mainly because of the fact that it's too slippery I will be returning this.

Poetic Borderline
    Great price.
    Okay looking. Plain standard bumper.
    Okay button feel. Better after adding Spigen style stickers underneath.
    Perfect as far as not being too slippery but not too grippy. Doesn't attract pocket lint.
    Great fit.
    Bottom port openings too small for aftermarket cables.
    I'll keep this one until something better comes along.

Note the pic showing the Poetic bumper is a little distorted. This is because I have a BestSkinsEver full wrap skin on the back/side. They just released the back only version and I'll be putting that one on which will make the bumper fit correctly.

Poetic Bumper:

[​IMG]

Spigen Bumper:

[​IMG]

2. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone else find good bumpers they want to post?
    I ordered a Monoprice bumper and I will put up some comments when I get it.

3. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Can you show pics of the back too?...Thanks :)

4. srowndedbyh2o, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  5. Hade5 macrumors newbie

Anybody have any opinions on the Neo Hybrid Metal? I feel like this would be an excellent choice for the 6 Plus in terms of bend prevention. The reason I think it would be, is in correlation to wood/lumber. You take a 2x4 piece of wood, lay it flat on the 4in. side and it'll flex easily. Stand it up right, on the 2in. side, and it won't flex nearly as much, if at all.

So factor that principal to the Neo Hybrid Metal, and it's essentially the same thing, just with metal instead of wood. Another reason, is because you're adding more aluminum to the sides.

In theory, the added structure of the Neo Hybrid Metal's band, would put it in comparison to say, the iPhone 5S. I know, the iPhone 5S bent as well, but not NEARLY as easily as the 6 Plus can.

6. tundra12 macrumors newbie

I am also looking for a nice slim bumper that raises the phone just enough to not touch the back camera lens when resting on a desk. All the ones I found are too bulky like the Spigen ultra hybrid series. Plus that one has a rear clear plastic I don't like.

7. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had forgotten about this thread.
    I received the Monoprice bumper and couldn't be happier with it. It's very minimal but still keeps the camera slightly raised. Here a few pics. BTW can't stand the motteling in iOS 8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. xyfish macrumors member

Just received the first of my cheapo bumpers bought off ebay! Seems similar to the black one posted above. The openings actually fit my 3rd party cable, pretty satisfied.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Trying to source this ROCK aluminium bumper for the 6 Plus on eBay. This might just be the perfect case for me. Sleek and complements the design of the iPhone 6.

Credit to waxlabo for the pics and for finding this bumper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click his original post for more pics:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20245883#post20245883

Anyone know of an international eBay seller? Can't seem to find this in the UK eBay store for the 6 Plus.

10. waxlabo macrumors regular

Still waiting on this aluminum bumper + hard acrylic back to be produced from Rock for the 6+. So far the only bumpers for 6+ they have are PC + TPU ones like this one below:

Attached Files:

11. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Metal (Aluminum as opposed to the plastic in the first post)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice. One thing I noticed with the plastic version is that the side along the long edges moved quite a bit. I assume this was from the fact that it's a two-piece design. The plastic would flex around the inner silicone piece. Does the metal version have this issue at all?

What screen protector is that. I like the speaker cutout compare to the one that are a square cutout.

13. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

I actually have the plastic version as well... and the reason I purchased the metal is just like you said: the plastic version is too bendy, flexes and pulls away at the side. The metal version does not do this. Much stiffer.

The screen protector is a Sir Lancelot's Armor iPhone Bulletproof Glass Screen Protector - Holy Grail Series. I bought it because I got a discount, but I really like it.

14. shadowarachh macrumors member

15. matneh macrumors regular

So far the Neo Hybrid EX seems to be the best bumper. I really hope Caze gets into the game with their ThinEdge!

16. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

I found a place about 2 months ago that said they had it for the 6+, bought it - never go it, shipping was insane, picked the slow option too. Got a link from where you got it from?

17. shadowarachh macrumors member

18. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

19. shadowarachh macrumors member

i will absolutely let you know if and when it shows up.

20. Sedin macrumors member

Well my Spigen bumper made it a little over a month before breaking. I have the gunmetal, and this morning i noticed that it had cracked at the mute switch. The other side looks like it'll crack too causing the bumper to be unusable. I rarely toggle the switch. I never take the case off. But it does appear that when I pull it out of my pocket, and the bumper pulls away from the phone, it cause the tension at that weak point.

So I am in the market for another true bumper. I don't do anything with a clear back.

21. matneh macrumors regular

That stinks! I agree you can't call anything with a back as a bumper. It's a case!

22. natsinicky macrumors member

Attached Files:

23. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

Can anyone provide an update? I'm looking for an iPhone 6 bumper that has a decent sized lip around the screen edge to protect the screen when the phone is dropped. Been looking on Amazon, but seems like most of them are poorly made.

Any suggestions?!

24. brilliantthings macrumors 6502

Should also mention... I'd like to get a soft tpu, plastic, rubber type of bumper rather than aluminium. I bought a one piece tpu bumper for my iphone 5 in Japan a few years ago. If only I could find the same thing for the 6.

25. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Check out rhino shield