iPhone 6 button a teensy bit loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cathyy, Oct 9, 2014.

1. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Okay so I just got my new iPhone 6 today. Been happily playing with it the whole day, but after several hours of using it, I suddenly felt that the Home button felt 'cheap'. The way it clicked just felt and sounded different, like it was cheap plastic and it would break any moment just like how the buttons stopped working on the iPhone 4s.

So I tried playing around with my sister's iPhone 6 (exact same model) and her home button click was different. It felt firmer and the click wasn't as loud as mine. Tried mine again and I realized that my home button was a teensy little bit loose and I could feel a tiny bit of movement. Tried my sister's phone again and her button doesn't move at all.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a manufacturing defect and can it be changed? I know it's a relatively small issue but it's really bugging me. Every time I have to do a double click I'll hesitate a slight bit, because the button isn't as firm as on my old phone and I subconciously worry that the button is going to break.

2. Godmode macrumors newbie

My 6 plus has exactly the same issue now that you mention it. No boggie though, everything else is perfect

3. Geo1688 macrumors newbie

The home button on my 6+ is very firm with no give whatsoever.

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

nice click on my 6. no play, nice and firm like my wife's...wait what was this thread about again?