iPhone 6 Call Quality T-Mobile

moviefan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Not sure if this has to do with the iPhone 6, T-Mobile, or both. Although the sound is clear, people sound tinny and the "s" sound sounds like they're talking into cellophane. I didn't have this issue with my iPhone 4s. And people who I speak to say that I sound a little echoey as well. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a setting or something?

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
You can experience T-Mobile's fullest sound quality if you are on their 4G HSPA+ or LTE network and you have to call another device that has HD Voice and/or VoLTE, but only devices on T-Mobile's network. Other devices on other networks will sound weird. :D

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
It is likely the phone. I had this happened with my last phone. People on the other end kept getting an echo and I would at times get the same thing. I reset the phone several times and nothing happened. Took it back to Tmobile and replaced it with another one and it worked flawlessly.

moviefan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll take it back to the T-Mobile store but from what I've been hearing, it may be weeks before any stock is replenished.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll take it back to the T-Mobile store but from what I've been hearing, it may be weeks before any stock is replenished.
If you live near an Apple Store you can always go there. I had my T-Mobile iPhone replaced Friday and the IMEI was updated with T-Mobile automatically (I can use JUMP! with this device).

moviefan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
It is likely the phone. I had this happened with my last phone. People on the other end kept getting an echo and I would at times get the same thing. I reset the phone several times and nothing happened. Took it back to Tmobile and replaced it with another one and it worked flawlessly.
Well I just called T-Mobile's Apple tech (glad they finally have one) and she sounded PERFECT. She said I sounded good too. However, I did hear myself echo with a really bad distorted buzzing sound after every word I said. She said they've been told of this issue and advised me to update to 8.0.2 so we'll see if that resolves the issue.

*After reading so much about the negative things in 8.0.2 I decided to wait until later this month when Apple is suppose to release 8.1

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.