iPhone 6+ Camera freaking out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sososowhat, Sep 28, 2014.

1. sososowhat macrumors 6502

My iPhone 6+ camera seems to have gotten motion sickness. When composing a photo or video the image has moving waves through it. It's like the image stabilization is floating on the ocean or something.

I've taken some video & it's a little nauseating to watch, but something's definitely broken.

Check this out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWDF24oieCE

Also, if you put your ear to the camera while it's ready to take a photo you can hear a whirring, ticking sound.

I've rebooted the camera & it doesn't help.

Also: it's happening only with the iSight camera, not the front camera.

Also, this happened once before & then healed itself. It's now not fixing itself.

Any ideas?

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Whoa that is really nuts. Definitely looks like a physical defect, I doubt a software glitch is responsible for it. Corte Madera Apple Store is only a few miles away from there, looks like you will have to take it in.

3. sososowhat thread starter macrumors 6502

Thoughts??

Yeah, looks like a physical thing to me too. I'm guessing it has to do with the Optical Image Stabilization. I'm curious to hear from people here before I take it in. Doesn't sound like it's "camera-gate" if no one else has suffered from it, but it's a pretty weird failure. The phone hasn't been mistreated at all.

Anyone?