iPhone 6 Camera Megapixels?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by THEHOLYGHOST, Aug 17, 2014.

1. THEHOLYGHOST macrumors newbie

I rarely check this forum so I don't know if anyone knows. But does anyone know the confirmed amount of megapixels for the back camera on the iPhone 6?

Thanks!

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

There is no confirmed amount of megapixels. In fact, there is *absolutely nothing* confirmed about the iPhone 6. Right now, Apple even denies its existence.

But... rumours earlier this year pointed to an improved 8 MP camera. More recently, though, rumours have been pointing towards a high quality 13 MP camera - possibly with optical image stabilization.

3. THEHOLYGHOST thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks my man

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Yes! I hope Apple puts out a 16MP camera with crappy optics! That's what I want!

5. wilky76 macrumors regular

wilky76

8MP is the sweet spot for any camera on a phone, upping the pixels all of the time, just means smaller pixels & more noise in the long run.

If the iPhone 6 still had a 8MP camera with a larger sensor and larger pixels & faster optics ie F1.8 or F2.0 that in itself would be a big improvement over the 5S, and would easily put the camera only second to the current Nokia 1020, or even give it a run for it's money.

6. cynics macrumors G3

Just cause MP may go up doesn't mean optics will come down.

Many cameras have high resolution (MP) for marketing then subpar optics. But many more have low resolution and subpar optics as well.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I guess I should have added the old /s.

8. cynics macrumors G3

Too many physical limitations and the fact its an all-in-one camera to improve on the hardware too much.

Cant put a sensor in thats larger then the lens, can't put a larger lens on with the depth of the phone. Increasing aperture too much will make for poor pics if the subject isn't relatively close (depth of field).

We are exhausting the limits of what can affordably be done in a smart phone if we want thin phones with a flush mount camera.

Personally I think the iPhone has a very good camera. Good enough that I wouldn't want it to be larger to take a slightly better pics like the compromise Nokia took. I prefer Apples way of doing it. I want a good phone with a decent camera, not a good camera with a decent phone.

----------

I was assuming you were being sarcastic I guess I just didn't get where you were going with it. I'm assuming you were comparing to other camera phones.

9. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

13MP..probably.

It's not about the number of MP, but the size of the actual pixels and size of the sensor.

It's rumored that sony will provide the camera component.

But we won't know for sure until apple announces it.

10. tekjunkie macrumors 6502

Yup. My note 3 camera is worse then my iPhone 5 was. It has image stablization but u can't use the phone until the image is done processing... Useless