Iphone 6 camera problem?? PLEASE HELP.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kz28, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Kz28 macrumors newbie

Hi guys i got my iphone 6 yesterday afternoon. I tried to take some pics at home and noticed that when i open the camera app the screen has some "black waves" for a couple of seconds. And then today i tried to take a pic of the laptop screen at work and got all those lines. Never happened with the iphone 5 :( photo attached:left at home right laptop screen. It was hard to caught the first one because it comes and goes away after a few seconds.
    what should i do? Is it normal for the 6? :( please help!

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doesn't look normal to me. You better bring it in for an exchange.

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Only in the camera app? Most likely bad hardware. If you can reproduce it easily, go for a replacement.

4. Kz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answer. Some people say it's because of the lights? Is it possible?if so seems strange to me that the 5 didn't do that... :(

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

6. xdhd350 macrumors 6502

In the left hand picture, I am seeing what often happens under fluorescent lighting with the older 60hz ballasts. The slight difference in shutter speed vs the refresh rate of the lighting cause those lines.

Try the same shot, but use the new brightness slider which actually changes the iphone shutter speed to see if you can eliminate the lines.

7. Kz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers guys! Since i don't have an apple store that near.. I might go to the a new opening on saturday and see what they say. I hope they have a new one to give me.
    I would give it back to apple but i don't want to stay without a phone for days.
    Thanks again!

----------

I know right? But why didn't it happen with the 5? I tought i would upgrade in everything! :( anyway i altrady tried.. It got a little better with the brightness bar at its fullest but not a proper normal photo.
    I chatted with apple support and they told me to restore and if it stays like that to call for a replacement.. Still a si said i might try on Sat and see.. Since i can't stay with no phone! :(
    Edit: and those are gu10 led lights. Sorry i can't be more specific. I'm italian and sorry for possible mistakes! :)

8. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Is this only seen in the preview or also captured in the photo? And how about video?

9. Kz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Captured in the photo if you're fast enough to take it, about the left one, the right one is always like that..sometimes works fine..i think it's some kind of focus problem..i tried with my mac screen at home and seems normal though. It's weird.
    Video works fine! Tried at work and if the photo was like that...in video mode it was just fine. And works good.

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

My iPad did that after a couple of weeks. Apple released an iOS update that fixed the lines across the screen. I had got a replacement before the release. I wasn't happy because the replacement iPad battery life was shorter than my brand new iPad.

I'm sure Apple will replace it.

11. xdhd350 macrumors 6502

No problem with your English skills. Just know that LED lights can do that if they are powered by mains, depending on the quality of the built in power supply. This may not be your problem, just wanted to point that out. I don't know why your 5 had no problem with this. Do you know anyone else with a 6 that could come shoot the same scene? That would help eliminate one variable.

Good luck.

12. Kz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately not. I don't know anyone with an iphone 6.
    I might just go check the new apple store on Sat and get it checked.. It's a little bit far from where i live.. But i can't send it to apple and stay without a phone.

13. BuffordT macrumors regular

Restore as new. If the problem persists, take it to Apple store for replacement.

14. Kz28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried! the problem is still there. Might just take it to the apple store.. Probably next week tho, appointments for the genius aren't available yet in the new store. -.-
    Thanks to you all!