iPhone 6 Camera Rotation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolfpackfan, Sep 28, 2014.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I've noticed that pictures I take in landscape mode don't auto-rotate on my iPhone 6 like they used to on my iPhone 5. I have to go in and manually rotate them before posting on FB. Is this just a change or am I doing something wrong?

2. somsoc macrumors newbie

Not sure what is causing it but I am having a similar problem with my iPhone 6. My auto rotate will frequently stop working when I open the camera app. But then it spreads to all apps like photos, safari, email, etc. Sometimes it will come back on its own and sometimes I have to reboot to get it back. I've already contacted Apple support and they are having me bring it in to an Apple store on Tuesday. Will report back.

3. SidBoggle macrumors regular

I think there is a bug in the camera app at the moment as I have the same issue. I took a few dozen photos the other day and only half of them now show in the correct orientation. I have had to manually rotate the others.

4. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

What is funny is sometimes the pictures are even upside down.

5. d.steve macrumors regular

Same thing here on both 5s and 6+. Looks like an IOS 8 bug, not phone.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

Was happening on my wife's 6. Going into Control Center and hitting rotation lock 3-4 times on/off, and leaving it off, seemed to solve it.

7. M33-1 macrumors regular

M33-1

The problem is ios 8.0. Upgrade to 8.02 and it will fix the problem. Worked great for me. My other applications weren't rotating either. .. that was the tip off for me that I had a problem.

8. SidBoggle macrumors regular

Still happening in camera for me on 8.0.2. I've had no problems with other apps.

9. somsoc macrumors newbie

So after dealing with this problem for a few days (even on 8.0.2) I made a genius appointment and they swapped out my phone. I set up my new phone without restoring from backup just to eliminate that as a possible reason. Well it didn't even make it a day before the problem came back. I spoke with Apple support on the phone and they had me recalibrate the gyro. It's only been about a day but so far it hasn't had a problem. It's gonna take way more than a day for me to believe it's actually fixed. So anyway here is what they had me do. Turn on "Do Not Disturb'. Make sure it is setup to not receive ANY notifications of any kind. Any interruption will stop the recalibrating. Turn the screen off and sit the phone flat on its back on a level surface for 1 1/2 hours. That's it. Again, I'm not yet convinced this will fix it but we'll see.

10. somsoc macrumors newbie

2nd update. Fourth day since doing the recalibration and so far so good. I used the camera extensively over the past couple of days and it has performed perfectly. Still not convinced but it is looking like it might have worked.

11. hoodedwarbler12 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 6. It's also with any app that has a landscape mode, sometimes it gets stuck in it and I have to close and reopen to get back in portrait view.

12. Lolololhaa macrumors newbie

Had same issue with my iphone 6, latest ios update. I had to close the camera and re-open it for the flash, HDR icons to be positioned correctly (landscape / portrait).

13. SidBoggle macrumors regular

So far limited testing with 8.1 beta 2 it seems this problem might be fixed for me. I will test more over the weekend to verify.