Iphone 6 camera speed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jonk1183, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Jonk1183 macrumors regular

On my 5s i could take very rapid photos. Not burst mode. But hit the button 14x in like 3 seconds and take 14 pics. On my 6 its not like that. I hit the button 5x and it takes like 2 pics. Anyone else notice the slower camera??

2. BuffordT macrumors regular

No, that is odd. Do you have flash and HDR turned off?

Also, you just hold the shutter down to take rapid pics. No need to keep hitting the button.

Try closing all the apps then hard restart the phone.

3. weaverra macrumors regular

My takes approximately 24 frames in 3 seconds when holding the button down. So about 8 fps. The single actuation is slower, but that is probably due to the fact that the camera is focusing and adjusting expose between shots. It's like flipping a DSLR from single shot to burst mode. The camera isn't slower. It's just programmed differently. If you want multiple shots hold the button down.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

5. BuffordT macrumors regular

Same here about 8 per second. Really fast. I only got 5 in 3 seconds repeatedly hitting the shutter button. I had to refocus each time.

6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

My 5c can take pictures as rapidly as I can hit the button. On iOS 8.0.2.

In fact, I can take pictures faster on the 5c by hitting the button repeatedly than I can holding it down! (Since the 5c doesn't have the official "burst" mode.)

2.4 fps constant in "hold down" mode, up to 10 fps intermittent in "tap the on-screen button as fast as I can" mode. (A couple different tests of "tap as fast as I can" produced different results. One managed to hold ~10 fps for 10 seconds. Another run managed 10 fps for a few seconds, then 'paused' (while writing the pictures out, presumably,) for a second or two, then 10 fps for a while, then paused, etc.)

Just tested with the volume button triggering, clicking as fast as I could, and got about 6 fps.

(All were calculated by using a stopwatch, starting as I started to take pictures, and taking pictures for 10 seconds. Then dividing the number of photos taken by 10 to figure fps.)

7. weaverra macrumors regular

In fact on the iPhone 6 I would find it quite annoying to be able to take inadvertent pictures by being able to tap the button as fast as I can. On my iPad I could tap rapidly, but mostly had pictures I didn't even want. With a sensitive touch screen it doesn't take much to snap another photo inadvertently. The reason being iOS groups the burst photos instead of treating them as individual photos in your camera roll. However on the phones that can't handle the burst mode I can see why they allow it.