iPhone 6 camera taking pictures upside down.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wise87, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Wise87 macrumors 6502

Today I was taking pictures with my iPhone 6 when I noticed my pictures were showing upside down. The display orientation also showed that the camera was configured upside down even though I was holding the phone in normal portrait mode. I've seen a few posts on the Apple forms and others reporting the same issue. I was just wondering if anybody else has seen this issue? This is the first time it happened and cycling the power has fixed it for now.

2. sydarm6 macrumors newbie

I have this issue now, except their sideways

3. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

There's definitely something wrong with how the iPhone 6 is storing these pictures. I have the 6 Plus, and when I take photos in landscape orientation, they often show up in my Photos sideways. Yet when I view them on my computer, they're correctly oriented again. So while the orientation is being recorded in the metadata, I imagine it's a problem with iOS 8. Hopefully they fix it in 8.1.

4. AverageBob macrumors member

I noticed this when I was testing the iphones at the apple store.

5. Wise87 thread starter macrumors 6502

From reading the Apple form a couple of iPhone 5s users were also reporting the issue. Next time it happens I'll take a screenshot. You can see the HDR auto, menus and the camera icon display upside down.

6. Febr macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem as well. I heard that when you go to apple to complain they only ask you to reset the phone.
    Have anyone found a solution?

7. Mildredop macrumors 68020

These iPhones are just littered with problems. It's getting seriously embarassing.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Sounds like a random iOS 8 software bug. I've never experienced it. Submit a bug report to Apple, suggest that everyone else in this thread do the same, then move on.

9. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I've had the same issue and reported the bug to Apple. I don't know if it's related but I get the same issue in FaceTime when answering a video call. The camera orients only me upside down.

10. Febr macrumors newbie

Yes it is also happening with FaceTime. I havent tried yet to take picture using others app to see if it would also happen.

11. opfreak macrumors regular

not possible apple is perfect, only google beta tests its users.

12. JeffiJers macrumors 6502a

Had it happen to me. Thought it was something I did..

13. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I haven't had it happen in Camera+ so I'm wondering if it affects all the apps that use the standard camera software.

14. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Subscribing to this and adding a "me too".

iPhone 6 4.7". I thought it was just me, but I see this problem particularly when I take landscape shots. The orient as portrait after taken, and refuse to upright themselves unless edited.

Disturbing.

15. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

BUMPing this thread

This is happening to my wife's iPhone 6 ALL THE TIME Now

Is this now a know issue and hopefully due to be be fixed in an upcoming update at all?

Thanks for any further updated info

(been reset, etc. and iOS is up to date)

16. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Anyone know if this was fixed at all in today's 8.1.1 update?