iPhone 6 - Cannot AirDrop?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Coupee36, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Coupee36 macrumors newbie

Has anyone been successful to get AirDROP to work in the iphone 6? I can do it on my iphone 5 to other iphone 4/5 users. But when I attempt to airdrop with the iPhone 6, I am unable to do so? I have tried changing settings to allow EVERYONE on both test devices, but it simply cannot find the other phone to AirDrop.

Am i missing something? Or is this a known bug.. :/

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Not here, it still acts like a beta feature. My phones, computers, and ipad cannot see each other on my networks. Some sort of limited protocol.

3. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

First time using Airdrop today. Sent a new Contact from iPhone 6 iOS 8.0.2 to iPad 4 and iPad Mini-R, both using iOS 7.1.2. It worked perfectly well. I did find that later, after disabling Airdrop in all three devices via Control Panel, all three still had Bluetooth turned ON. I had assumed that since turning Airdrop ON had also turned BT ON, turning Airdrop OFF would turn the BT OFF as well. Not so.

4. Coupee36 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply.. I took the phone into apple today, and was warrant a replacement for free. I guess my phone was defective. Odd that blue tooth works just fine on my home stereo.. but the air drop feature did not. Anyhow, new phone works with airdrop :0. Case closed.

5. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p