iPhone 6: cannot log into my Apple ID on iMessage. Password error.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by tirexstorm, Sep 19, 2014.

1. tirexstorm macrumors regular

I have two apple IDs (which I wish that I could merge). A gmail email address that I use for the iTunes store and a me.com address that I use for icloud syncing. For some reason in the past I used my gmail account with iMessages.

When I got my new phone today, I accidentally logged in to my me.com account for iMessage. Any time any of my friends responded to my old iMessages, I would get it on my ipad, but not my iphone 6. I logged out of my me.com login on iMessage on my iphone 6 and tried to log in to my gmail account. However everytime i try to change my Apple ID a dialog box pops up that says, "Enter the Apple ID password for xxx@gmail.com." I keep entering it correctly and then the dialog box reappears. After the 3rd attempt it will tell me that my password is incorrect. I am 100% dertain that I am using the correct password, and even logged out and back in to my iTunes account on my mac to verify. Any suggestions?

2. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue. Oddly, the issue only affects my iPhone 6.

I have no trouble logging into the same iMessage account on my iPad.

3. tirexstorm thread starter macrumors regular

I ended going to the genius bar. Resetting the settings solved the issue.

4. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

I just tried resetting my settings. Didn't work.:(

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

The last time that happened to my wife's phone I turned off iMessage for a few minutes, and when I turned it back on I was able to log in with the non-me address. Good luck!

6. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

Thanks! Turning off iMessage for a few minutes fixed the problem.