iPhone 6: can't hear on calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Izaiah, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

Has anyone else had the issue of not being able to hear people and them not hearing you? The calls aren't dropping, but only bits and pieces of conversations are going through. Only on voice calls; FaceTime works just fine. I have Verizon.

Took it to the Apple Store last night and the tech was able to replicate the issue. I got my phone replaced and the new one is doing the same thing!

I turned on LTE Data only, reset my network settings, and hard reset the phone. No luck.

2. technosix macrumors 6502a

This is a very common issue due to two factors.

1) iPhone 6 doesn't offer much range of volume adjustment and is barely loud enough to hear callers.

2) You have to be deliberate to make sure your ear is aligned with the opening to hear anything.

Personally I find it horribly annoying but it's not a priority for Apple, thus it won't be fixed. They have too many compliant customers that are afraid to confront Apple. The company is worshiped and rarely challenged. Just how it is.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I think the OP is talking about something different than the volume level of the earpiece when making calls. The person he is calling can't hear him either. He got his phone replaced and the new one is doing the same thing? Strange indeed.

4. Wackadoo macrumors newbie

What utter nonsense.

5. technosix macrumors 6502a

Why so sensitive? Taking others experiences and opinions personally only assures you'll be miserable.

I choose to bring my own happiness... :)

6. Wackadoo macrumors newbie

Wow. You read too much into that statement. Sounds to me you do exactly what you accuse others of. LOL.
    But anyway continue on.

7. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

This is one of the few issues that I am having with my 6+. About 30% of the calls just arent loud enough.

8. Izaiah thread starter macrumors regular

Izaiah

Calls have improved today on the replacement 6. It was a bit iffy this morning, but all calls this afternoon/evening have been fine. Strange, but I have no problem walking right back in there if it keeps happening. No point in having a phone that does everything right BUT make phone calls.

I should also add that a girl sitting across me at the genius bar had the same exact complaint with a gold 6. They couldn't replicate the issue on hers and told her to come back if it kept happening(she had T-Mobile). There was also someone sitting behind me with a 6+, same issue.