iPhone 6+ Car Mount

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Im after a car mount that doesn't stick to, or keep my handset up in front of the windscreen. I like my handset to be on or near the centre console instead.

Do you use anything similar that you recommend?

Scurrell

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2014
I find the Brodit Proclip system to be the best. 6 and 6+ mounts should be available by end of October

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
I find the Brodit Proclip system to be the best. 6 and 6+ mounts should be available by end of October
Last I saw they were shipping preorders mid October. No idea when new orders would go out. I've used Proclip for ages and love the fact that you only need to get a new phone mount when you get a new phone and you use the car mount part you already have. http://www.proclipusa.com

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I have the iOttie and another similar that I bought at amazon. I don't have the 6 or 6s yet but plan on using the ones I have. both secured to the windshield.

I didn't like the HVAC vent blowing over the phone.

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
I bought the Universal Adjustable Brodit/Proclip mount 511479 for my 6 Plus. There is a tiny gap depth wise as my cheap gel case is very thin but I think it will fit perfectly when my nice leather case arrives.

For those wishing to have their phone away from the windscreen, there are usually several options available for most cars, I have attached the options that were available for my car.

Attachments

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I bought the Universal Adjustable Brodit/Proclip mount 511479 for my 6 Plus. There is a tiny gap depth wise as my cheap gel case is very thin but I think it will fit perfectly when my nice leather case arrives.

For those wishing to have their phone away from the windscreen, there are usually several options available for most cars, I have attached the options that were available for my car.
Is it this one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brodit-511479-75-89mm-Universal-Passiv/dp/B00BTHSOWO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.