iphone 6 case and screen protector combo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sannesley, May 21, 2016.

1. sannesley macrumors newbie

Bought an iphone 6 and looking for a case and screen protector to put on the phone before I let it out into the wild.

On my iphone 5s I had a zagg invisishield in combination with casemate tough two part case. there were some minor fitment issues in that the internal rubber part of the case wrapped slightly around the edge of the screen and lifted the invisishield protector slightly in small areas around the edge of the screen protector.

I would like the same level of protection for my iphone 6 but without the potential fitment issues.

What protection does anyone here have on their phone?

2. XRichard23 macrumors regular

Rhinoshield Playproof case and godosmith ice max 3d screen protector. Perfection.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

No issues with lifting? I've heard mixed reviews.

4. XRichard23 macrumors regular

Absolutely no issues with lifting for me. I am in my 3rd screen protector as my infant daughter seems to find my phone each time I switch to my thin case and breaks the screen protector. Never an issue with lifting

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Good to hear. I have a CrashGuard on my phone now with a busted screen, but I'm getting my screen replaced on Thursday. I have an Ice Max 3D waiting.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Crap. Just realized I have a PlayProof, not a CrashGuard. How embarassing. :oops:

7. XRichard23 macrumors regular

Yeah that's what I have, they go great together. In fact I had the crash guard but it would bow out on the sides a bit with the ice max. So I got the Playproof and that's no longer an issue

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

With Ice Max or without a screen protector?

9. XRichard23 macrumors regular

With the ice max.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Awesome. Thanks. I've got a 5-year old and another on the way.

11. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I'm using the CrashGuard right now and looking for an E2E glass protector that doesn't cause the lip of the bumper to lift.

I was thinking of getting the Ice Max, but from your statements, it looks like it's a no go :(

12. matthew.murillo951 macrumors newbie

I recommend the Daswise E2E tempered glass. It's a little on the thick side, but if that's not an issue for you, then I'd go with that. No halo edge effect and very simple to put on. Can't beat be price either.

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Reports have been mixed about the Daseise on these forums. While some have had good results, many have complained about lifting and/or dust and debris getting under the edges. YMMV.