Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luke71933

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Hi. I am searching for anclear case for iphone 6 and not bulky case but inneed one which of i drop my phone face down. The screen wont shatter. I came across spigen ultra hybrid and ringke fusion but still dont protect from face down drops

Hade5

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
You'd be looking for a screen protector, rather than a case. At least for your face protection needs. Zagg Glass is what some people have been using for screen protection. Since it's glass, that is what would crack instead of your iPhone screen. Unless a large amount of pressure is applied to one spot.

Plus, since it's tempered glass, it won't shatter. Only crack and spider. Not shatter into a bunch of pieces.

If you don't want glass, then Zagg HDX is also another popular amongst MR forums. Spigen also makes a glass and non-glass screen protector, but I've read some reviews that aren't so great about it. Although the same can be said for Zagg.

If you're needing a case with a built in screen protector, look at Otterbox, Lifeproof, iBlason, and Supcase, just to name a few.

luke71933

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
Thanks for your help. I came across sdtek screen protector .25mm 9h glass. Would it be any good. Inwill also buy a clear case to protect phone from marks.

Hade5

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2014
I don't seewhy it wouldn't be good. You could do a quick search on here about that name and may be able to find some reviews on it.

luke71933

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
On amazon it has full 5 star reviews, it does not cover edge to edge, but I dont want that, as I want to also be able to use a clear case to protect the phone from scratches so I can get a good resale value.
Anyways, I just ordered it now, hope it will be good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.